local painter in Columbus, Ohio area

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Buckeye Steve
Lincoln Maniac

local painter in Columbus, Ohio area

Post by Buckeye Steve »

I thought I'd try this. I found a 76 Lincoln Coupe (The Big Red Machine) in a estate sale with only 34k miles on it. Really nice car but the owner did a garage paint job and it looks horrible. Does anyone know of a Columbus Ohio area painter who could do a good job painting this beast. It needs to have the pinstriping done too.
Any help appreciated.
Buckeye Steve
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: local painter in Columbus, Ohio area

Post by papawayne »

I had mine done less than ten miles from my house here in Maine, bit it took months. It was a thorough job though. Unfortunately, the fellow who was famous for hand painted pinstripes has died, and he was only three or four houses down the road from me. Actually, he was more famous for gold leaf which he applied to fire trucks. He always had a fire truck from somewhere in his garage. I'll bet you can find one close by, this is a great place to look first. Wayne
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

Expect to pay $30k+ for a really nice paint job. Entry level paint job will run you $10k. If you go into to this with that expectation you will weed out the good shops from the crap. You then need to ask yourself if the vehicle is honestly worth that type of investment, or would it be cheaper to find one already painted.

A guy I know in my area just finished a square body Chevy truck and he had the Ford house paint it. They quoted him $10k and every other shop in the area was over the $15k mark. I was surprised they even took on that job but they did an amazing job on it!
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

How about an Ohio State wrap? Cheaper than paint. Don’t tell me you’ve never thought of it 😀
IMG_0713.jpeg
IMG_0713.jpeg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 88 times
You even have somebody nearby to do it.
https://centralohiovinylwrap.com/car-wr ... mbus-ohio/
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Buckeye Steve
Lincoln Maniac

Post by Buckeye Steve »

Um, NO

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”