Wanted - trunk lid for 64 continental 4door

Place your messages for parts or cars wanted in this forum. If you have something to sell, you may want to see if someone is already looking for it here. If you find what you needed, please post a reply to the original message that you got it. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

64hardtoptexas
Occasional Visitor

Wanted - trunk lid for 64 continental 4door

Post by 64hardtoptexas »

Looking for the truck lid in restorable condition, 1964 Lincoln contential four door hard top. I am located in central Texas!
The “7 liter beater”
1964 Lincoln continental sedan
Black on Black
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: Wanted - trunk lid for 64 continental 4door

Post by TonyC »

Welcome to our fam! :smt006

I happen to know of a salvage yard in Seguin that has a '64 in its inventory. I cannot, however, remember whether it still has its trunk lid or in what shape it may be if it is still available.

It's John's Auto Salvage, on the southernmost end of Seguin, on Fox Trotter Road which is off SH 123. Beware of the road-destruction going on there.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

My trunk lid grew zits just before I had it painted (see, "Getting rid of my cheap respray). The body shop guy made a new skin for it, and it looks great. You can't even tell, no matter how hard you look. Wayne
Manon4

Post by Manon4 »

I have a nice one in Austin
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Christian Paul Customs make re-pop fiberglass ones. They aint cheap, but neither is a factory original. (if you can even find one) They have a website with pix and prices.

BTW- unless your b-pillar has been removed, your 1964 is a sedan, not a hardtop.
Also, we love pics!! Let's see some.
Cheers!
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Huh-huh-huh, huh-huh You said, "hard." Huh-huh, huh-huh-huh :character-beavisbutthead:

---Tony
Last edited by TonyC on Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

The other fiberglass alternative is from Chino and Sons. They are working on theirs which i'm told is more reasonable in price. The best to me is a good solid metal replacement however they are getting harder to find.

Chino and Sons: https://www.instagram.com/chinoandsons
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I haven't seen mention of theirs in a while. I need one for my 63 but will probably patch what I already have in the meantime.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Mine was patched and painted from before I bought it in the 90's until I had the whole body done by a professional body shop that knew what they were doing and whom I trusted. The truth is that the patching lasted all those years, and it looked good until it started to have those zits. The body shop discovered and fixed a sideswipe on the passenger side too. No rust, now, but I do have mice. It also is a 63. Wayne
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Wayne, if you have mice they will cause rust!!! Their nests are very corrosive, and they like all those little tunnels in the underbody, I really hate mice!
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Sorry for the previous hijack, My parts '62 has a '64 trunk lid for some reason. Outer skin is okay but rusty inside, not worth shipping, but if someone more local wanted it, I could get pictures.
'62 and '67 LCC.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Hi Fraser, I kill the mice. I have no reason to like them either. I use poison pellets which they take home to their children. Still, they got into the headliner and at the hoses that lock the doors. I've replaced the hoses, but the headliner is "fixed" with black Gorilla tape. Sadly, I live next door to horses, and their poop breeds mice. Even moth balls and dryer sheets will not keep them away. Peppermint juice only seems to attract them. Wayne
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I boughtba trunk once full of mouse nest. It was Gros. Anx yeah they used the dryer sheets to make nests with and had their way with the morh balls so those don't work.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

My brother got chickens, now he has no mice anymore, I dislike the chickens, but not as much as the mice. Moth balls used to work before the tree huggers made them "environmentally friendly", now they're a waste of money.
'62 and '67 LCC.
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Naphthalene is still legal here, but that makes me think it’s time to start hoarding.
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)