New Owner: 1979 Mark V Bill Blass from France

Discuss automotive and auto-industry-related items here. Non-Auto topics are not permitted.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: New Owner: 1979 Mark V Bill Blass from France

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Happy New Year, Elvis!

Here’s a thread you can read into:
400 Resources:
https://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/ ... hp?t=23770
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I think to see a Blass-trimmed Mark V on the streets of Paris would in itself be worth the trip. I wouldn't be surprised if its presence scares some drivers there :lol: .

The Autolamp really has no direct relationship with the headlamp flaps, except to do automatically what you would otherwise do manually. If anything, take it out of the equation by turning it off (there are two rotary controls under the main headlight knob; rotate them until you feel them snap, or click, into the off positions). That is a separate system calling for separate diagnosis, strange as that may sound. I advise not fiddling with it at this point.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

TonyC wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:11 pm I think to see a Blass-trimmed Mark V on the streets of Paris would in itself be worth the trip. I wouldn't be surprised if its presence scares some drivers there :lol: .

The Autolamp really has no direct relationship with the headlamp flaps, except to do automatically what you would otherwise do manually. If anything, take it out of the equation by turning it off (there are two rotary controls under the main headlight knob; rotate them until you feel them snap, or click, into the off positions). That is a separate system calling for separate diagnosis, strange as that may sound. I advise not fiddling with it at this point.

---Tony
I once drove in Paris, and it was scary even in a tiny little Peugeot. I can’t imagine…
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
CARRJ142

Post by CARRJ142 »

Ditto! Volkswagen Beetle/1970
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I don't doubt it. I never went into France when I was in Germany, but I heard enough stories about the roads there.

Non-autobahn roads in Germany, like in secluded countrysides or in the hearts of cities, were also really narrow, even with Bessie.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Didn't the Bugatti Royale come from there?
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.

Return to “Misc. Automotive Discussion”