Indiana $1 Coin

Discuss automotive and auto-industry-related items here. Non-Auto topics are not permitted.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Indiana $1 Coin

Post by Lee »

Just thought you guys might find this interesting: last week the US mint released the new Indiana dollar coin. It has pictures of a pioneer car (which looks like it might be a Haynes from Kokomo to me), a Duesenberg J, and a recent Indy car. I bought a roll just to hand out to friends.
Attachments
IMG_1604.jpeg
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Indiana $1 Coin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Dollar coins aren't as cool as they were when the only one was the Eisenhower dollar. I loved that beast, but it's just impractical!
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Rick gets by just fine with his loonie, he's even got a toonie. We were visiting in Canada last year and I discovered I had 18 dollars in change in my pocket. More than I had in bills in my wallet. Wayne
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

That's over 12 bucks US!
With us, it's quarters that they make special editions of, I just checked my change and they are almost like snowflakes, no two are alike.

But back to Lees post, that is cool to live where there is such a rich automotive history.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Toonies!......I keep a roll of toonies in the drivers door storage pocket of the cars I drive because I buy a medium Tim Hortons coffee "to go" on my way to work. They cost a buck ninety-three and being the time spender that I am.....I always say "Keep the change." Most common reply from the lady in the Drive Thru Window is "Thanks Hon."....... but I have heard, "Finally, I can afford to retire." and ..."Now I can get my Mom her operation."
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator

Return to “Misc. Automotive Discussion”