Last 1965 Convertible?

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Last 1965 Convertible?

Post by frasern »

the two I would look for are the Bonsall book Lee posted, and "The cars of Lincoln-Mercury" by Geo Dammann and James Wagner. Both released about the same time, early 80s, the first has more information about the company and people, the second has a lot of technical info. There is an earlier version called Fifty Years of Lincoln Mercury, but the later version has more 60s info. The cars of L M was a good seller, so many copies show up at swap meets, or on Evil bay. I have other books that are dated, or have little relevance to 60s cars, but those are the two that I think would best cover your car.
And there are a lot of pdfs in this section of the forum that you can save, and a lot of brochures and factory literature is available on the Ford heritage vault. ( I can't seem to get a link, but google knows where it is )
Also, here are some 65 ads;
DSCF7126 (2).JPG
And some 64s
DSCF7129 (2).JPG
Another 64, and some 62s, just because they're so cool
DSCF7123 (2).JPG
Somewhere on this forum are a bunch more ads, but I had these ones handy.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Fraser, I thought surely I'd seen all the '62 ads over the years, but that "Enter Like a Lady" is new to me. Is that from a Canadian publication?
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

All are from National Geographic, our library had a book sale, so I got all the 60s copies with Lincoln ads. And don't call me Shirly.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Too funny!
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

And all this time I thought I was the only one to still jump on using that line! I love this guy!! :lol: :clap:

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
herbscar

Post by herbscar »

I will look for those, Thanks again