Nick's 1971 Mark III

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: Nick's 1971 Mark III

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

Car is looking bad ass!

Not trying to pick your car over the internet but does the power antenna not work?
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Yep, it works. From the factory, they do not fully retract. There are a couple of inches that remain “extended” when all the way in the down position. Odd design, but that’s how they are. A lot more stable, I assume, with a long mast.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Here is what I found on the '66s vacuum line, I have similar looking ones on truck steering boxes, but was too lazy to look for a drain pan.
It has Wittek but no number stamped, if it will work, PM me your new address, I should be able to fire it off Friday. I will donate the shipping cost, if you send a donation to the forum, for that and the parts, I'm sure Dan can use it for the next re-boot.
DSCF9098.JPG
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Fraser, appreciate it much. Will send you address via PM and dollars to Dan. Thanks you!
Nick
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

With the mention of my power antenna, one thing is bothering me about it. It will extend and retract fully as designed, but it is painfully slow to extend it. Retracting is business as usual. Anyone refurbished one of these or know how to prevent it from struggling so much? Can definitely tell a difference with engine running vs not, which is understandable, but still slow.
Nick
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Last spring, I posted this, my Buick manual has a lot more antenna information than the Lincoln manual does, but they are essentially the same antenna.
https://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/ ... 34#p416234
Basically, just cleaning it and re-greasing, like you would with a seat or window, makes a big difference.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Did I mention that I despise compression fittings? Finally got the car tuned and all back together yesterday only to confirm that the pump to carb line at the fuel pump outlet is leaking. Tried to snug it up and it was already tight. Tried to back off and retorque, same problem. Brand new stainless fuel line and the damn thing doesn’t seal. Guess I should have left the old rusty steel one on there. Wanted to get it out and drive but didn’t want to risk gasoline flying back and hitting hot exhaust as it leaks pretty good while running. Always something.
Nick