Fire Extinguisher Question

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Fire Extinguisher Question

Post by Ken Stevens »

Went to a Cars and Coffee this weekend for the first time. From previous LCOC events, the first thing I did after parking was to put the extinguisher in front of the driver front wheel. Folks looked at me like I was crazy. I was the only one within the nearest five cars I checked that had any kind of fire suppression. People need to wake up
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

The only downside (except the price) I see with Halon and CO2 types, is that the smaller ones are not rated for class A fires. So if something else combustible on the car (carpet, rubber, upholstery) is involved, you may be at a disadvantage.
Attachments
IMG_1641.jpeg
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The LCOC must have had a fire at a show back in the 70s or 80s because I’ve seen this rule (fire extinguisher by the left front tire) ever since I joined in 1990.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I still have my car today because of a fire extinguisher. It caught fire in Putnam CT, many years ago, not far from Baker's. Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

*Ugh,* the irony...!!

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”