On the way cross country

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

On the way cross country

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

So it's the end of day one of our month long journey to California via the Minneapolis show. Stopped to see some friends in western PA and so far, having the kind of trip I like; uneventful. Set the cruise and drove down the highway at 62 MPH with no problems. Put on about 400 miles today. Heading out tomorrow after spending the morning with our friends to the show. Picture was taken this morning at the house as we were leaving. It had just started to rain and I wanted to get in the car and get going.....
Attachments
IMG_2779 (1).jpg
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: On the way cross country

Post by defrang »

yes you are awesome driving a 55 year old car across the country. Just like they did in the olden days.
Robert DeFrang
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Hell, just like I do now--remember that I average about 20K miles per year with Frankenstein.

If your route happens to put you onto I-70 through Kansas, remember to make a pit stop at Exit 300. :wink:

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Sorry, Tony.

After the show, we're heading to N & S Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, Washington and then to Napa. Going to see the sights along the way.
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

Post some pics of the sights. With the Lincoln of course.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Stu...PM sent, Have a great trip, and may it stay uneventful. Wayne
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Spent last night in about the middle of Indiana. Was going to go up through Chicago but since we're ahead of schedule, decided to make a trip up to Mackinaw City, MI and spend some time on the island. Uneventful trip up. Spent a few hours on the island and plan on returning another time.

Biggest problem so far (thank G-d) is trying to find classic rock radio stations while I'm driving. Did add a quart of oil today but am not concerned; I have probably 3,600 miles on the car since the last oil change and most are running down the highway doing 62 MPH. Will keep an eye on it.

Heading over to Wisconsin via the UP tomorrow. Want to spend some time near Lake Superior; it's the only Great Lake we haven't seen. Will probably end up in Minneapolis Tuesday instead of Wednesday.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Got into Minneapolis yesterday afternoon. Stayed down by the Mall of America and spent 2 1/2 hours walking through the mall this morning. Waayy toooo biggg; walked 5 miles and Robin only went into one store. Checked into the hotel this afternoon and got the car cleaned up.

Finally figured out the problem with posting pictures so here are a few from the trip. Still having problems uploading a few and will see if I can figure it out.
Attachments
Lake Michigan.jpg
Lake Michigan.jpg (153.21 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Weinerlicious Mackinaw City 7-8-18.jpg
Weinerlicious Mackinaw City 7-8-18.jpg (113.16 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
Marieke Gouda, Thorp, WI.jpg
Marieke Gouda, Thorp, WI.jpg (136.5 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Love the top one, Stu, I can see that on the cover of Continental Comments...Wayne
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

One more from the other day. Still having problems uploading the last one from the first part of our trip. As of arrival, 1688 miles, 130.5 gals ave 12.9 MPG.

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I have no idea why Stu is having problems uploading pictures.
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

Maybe they need to be resized? Stu, do you know what the default size settings are on your camera or phone you are using to take these pics?
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Likely size issues. Default setting on my iPhone makes them too big.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

No, It is all my fault. I sent him the Tefilet HaDerek by PM and it only protects him from wild animals and robbers while he's on his trip, not technology. Wayne
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Good day Thursday. Went to the Morrie Museum which was phenomenal. Private collection of 350 cars, over 200 gas pumps and many other assorted items. Really neat place.

Started to hear a clicking in the rear and John Walcek thought it was the U joints. Stopped by NAPA to pick them up and on Friday on the way to the Viet Museum, the clicking got worse. Got to the museum and asked on of the locals if he knew anyone who could fix it. Turns out the guy standing next to me was Jeff Eisenberg; owner of Lisbon Twin Cities Auto & Truck Parts specializing in drive trains. He called the garage and they had a bay open so we ran over there and he replaced the rear. Easy Peazy! Missed the museum but better that than getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with my drive train laying on the road!

Show was nice. In addition to the normal stuff, a bunch of really classy, nicely done resto mods. Didn't take many pictures, so you'll need to wait for Comments.

Left this morning and got to Bismark, ND. Going to the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore.
Attachments
Ideal Diner, Minneapolis (1).jpg
Ideal Diner, Minneapolis (1).jpg (150 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Otto the Otter, Fergus Falls, MN.jpg
Otto the Otter, Fergus Falls, MN.jpg (139.32 KiB) Viewed 1405 times

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”