OH CRAP!!! Another Newbie!!!

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: OH CRAP!!! Another Newbie!!!

Post by frasern »

Yes, accidents happen, but the shop should have told the owner very quickly, to delay was a mistake, and the attempted coverup is unforgivable. How could they expect the owner to not see such a botched repair? Even if they had pulled it off, he would be back a day later ten times angrier!
At one of my first jobs, still a teenager, I was told never to leave a door halfway open, either leave it under 5', or all the way up. Once out of sight, it becomes out of mind. I have seen things get hit at least a dozen times since, because someone left it just out of sight, one of which the damage was in the millions! To this day, I always put the door all the way up.

jthye; sorry to hear of this, I hope the hood is okay and only the angle brackets were damaged. They are rather weak, and will break easily.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

So just an update on all my shop drama. Have Lawyer still on hold. The shop is supposed to take the car back in 2 weeks to do paint correction, balance lowering height, refund $ from trunk carpet damage & from installing a 2 port fuel pump. Hook up the parking brake from after the exhaust work being done. Correct B & C pillar covers from shop made to actual factory covers (yes the shop lost the originals) Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome. I know giving the shop time to correct its mistakes is insanity, but being familiar with lawsuits, I just don't want to start a new headache. Lawsuits are a great way to prove your right, but no guarantee of the cash payout to make it right. My wife did have a little fun doing up a short vid of the car. Check that out. I still have the 64 grill to "weld up" and install. Door pull handles to install, steering wheel rebuild and horn to fix. You know, all the stuff that never ends :o

https://www.facebook.com/reel/234050525 ... WDuG2&fs=e
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Well as the '64 saga continues, it is nice to now be mad at the previous body shop instead of the current shop. Back in 2017 the body shop in Portland Oregon did the body and paint work on the car I bought. Now when I bought the car, the body shop gave me a whole album of the work that was performed. This work included addressing the rust in common places like the trunk lid, wheel wells and hood. For added "protection" from the rust and to protect their work, they sprayed a bed liner/undercoat to the hood and trunk lid. Well my trusting nature never imagined the bed liner was to "hide" and not to "protect". Check the vid link.
:violin: :roll: :naughty: :violin: :smt010 :smt009 :violin:

https://youtu.be/nCgwTV7eMvE
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

Well that really sucks.

You'll probably find those rust spots match up with the reinforcement on the inside of the trunk lid.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
jtheye
Frequent Contributor

Post by jtheye »

Mike wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:19 pm Well that really sucks.

You'll probably find those rust spots match up with the reinforcement on the inside of the trunk lid.
Yea I know, darn it. I may have jumped to conclusions that the previous body shop "hide" something. We all know these are problem areas, and the shop could have easily thought they did a sufficient job. Bedliner/undercoating may have just been the wrong thing to use to "protect" the work from rusting again. Oh well, what it is, is what it is.
Whatdidijustgetinto?
1964 Rezinental Sedan

Return to “Customized Member Projects”