3D Parts Printing

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 3D Parts Printing

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I said that. I'm looking for volunteers, now. Who's going to step up?
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

You DID say that! Sorry!...Wayne
OldStillwaterGarage

Post by OldStillwaterGarage »

Hey we are restoring a 1966 Continental convertible for a customer. I need to get these plastic clips for the moldings. Can you make them? Or know where I can get them? Thank you.

Old Stillwater Garage
913 Main St
P.O. Box 46
Stillwater, NJ 07875

phone (973)383-2001. Thank you.

Dan Szwarc wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 am
Dan Szwarc wrote:C1VF is working on the 66-only trim clips for me. They fit the square holes used only in 1966 (sedans, coupes, and convertibles).

It is C6VY-53 21094-A Nylon Trim Clip.

10 are used per car if it is a 66 coupe and 16 per car if it is a sedan or conv.

If anyone is interested, we may make them available. Even if you don't need these clips now, if you EVER remove your trim, you will break some or all of them.
Based on my car, I think the shop manual is wrong.

My car has square holes for the nylon retainers on the rear quarters. That's 8 more per side, or 16 more per sedan (22 more for a coupe).

Based on the theory that a coupe has the same requirements, I'm amending the counts needed per car.

Coupe: 32 pcs needed
Sedan or Conv: 32 pcs needed.

How convenient! They ended up the same! And if I'm wrong, you have spares.

My trim has not budged. After my cross-country trip, I'll let you know if a clip breaks (I doubt it). Te material appears to be very strong, although I'm not sure what is going to happen when the they sit in the hot sun under tension for several hours and days and then go through vibration!

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”