CarPro Immortal clear coat, real or vapor ware?

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Solid
Addicted to Lincolns

CarPro Immortal clear coat, real or vapor ware?

Post by Solid »

I was thinking of this for my repaint but I only see product demo'a, no instances of actual customer cars. Anyone know if this stuff actually exists as a product?
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: CarPro Immortal clear coat, real or vapor ware?

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Never heard of it. Got any links to anything?

It's probably the usual TV-hawked junk. But I'm just guessing.
Solid
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Solid »

The product comes from a company that is well established in high end car detailing, it's not the sort of vendor you'd find on QVC. You can find a few posts from their distributors online in various forums talking about spraying small samples they've gotten, but the only full car you can see is their Hyundai 50/50 car in Korea. There is a kind of meh promotional video (heavy handed scripting) and more useful videos on how to apply and one showing brushing the stuff with a brass brush vs a conventional clear coat. The self-healing of fine scratches is pretty cool to see in the side by side video. I figure it would be perfect on top of my black repaint given how unforgiving black is.

http://www.carpro-immortal.com
Solid
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Solid »

Well it looks like its is not to be for my repaint. While they seem to have shipped out samples to their distributors, at least one of whom shot a little video with his phone of trying to scratch it up on a test card and having it self-heal, I don't think you can really buy it yet. Too bad, it would have been perfect for the black since it auto repairs swirl marks. The shop doing my body restoration work was also wary for obvious reasons of trying to spray something bleeding edge that they had never worked with before.

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”