Good resources near Madison, WI?

Temporarily locked due to spammers. Will investigate.

Ask here if you are looking for a facility to perform labor on your Lincoln. You should also post your recommended suppliers or servicers here for others to find. Want to name a vendor you had a bad experience with? Post your comments here, but please stick to the facts. Ask or post for Part Numbers and Cross References in the sub-forum specifically for that here.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Lincolnmatt

Good resources near Madison, WI?

Post by Lincolnmatt »

I am searching for reliable folks In central or eastern Wisconsin who can do work on my 54 Capri. In the short term I need someone who can service the transmission and perhaps a good auto electric shop to help me trouble shoot some electrical gremlins. I am located in Madison, WI, but am willing to travel some for good service if I have to.
Matt Harbert
'54 Capri Sport Coupe
wmaloney
Frequent Contributor

Re: Good resources near Madison, WI?

Post by wmaloney »

Although I have never used them for work on my car before, Valenti Classics in Franklin seems to have a large and comprehensive restoration operation. They buy their own projects for the purpose of bringing them back to life and turning a profit, but they will also work on your own car. I don't know any more about their reputation, work quality, or costs, and they are not a Lincoln specific shop, but they are probably worth investigating if you haven't already.
Bill Maloney
1963 LC Convertible
1965 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Good resources near Madison, WI?

Post by John Mc »

Lincolnmatt wrote:I am searching for reliable folks In central or eastern Wisconsin who can do work on my 54 Capri. In the short term I need someone who can service the transmission and perhaps a good auto electric shop to help me trouble shoot some electrical gremlins. I am located in Madison, WI, but am willing to travel some for good service if I have to.
Matt, welcome aboard the forum! Glad you found all of us over here.
On finding a good mechanic and just to get general info on these cars, I'd call Dan Staehle of Brownsville, WI @ 920-583-3400 or dstaehle@hughes.net. You won't find a nicer guy and he owns a gorgeous '54 Capri.
By the way, our Lake Shore Region is going to caravan to the National Meet. We've decided to meet and the Lincoln Oasis (how appropriate is that) on I-294 just west of the Indiana State Line on the East Bound Side at 11:00 AM Thursday 8/6. I hope you will be able to join us.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC

Return to “Suppliers, Vendors, Feedback, & Part Cross Reference”