Where shall i start ????

Post your cleaning and detailing techniques, questions, product recommendations, etc. in this sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Big Jeffery

Where shall i start ????

Post by Big Jeffery »

photo_2 (4).JPG
photo_4 (4).JPG
I purchased this 77 Mark V, in 2004 in Phoenix AZ. It has a 460 7.5l engine and 76000 mi. When i purchased the car it only had 69000 mi. The car hasnt been driving since 07, where its been garaged until i recently started working on it...The car looks and run great.... i wanted sale the car but after researching and seeing other beautiful Mar
photo_1 (5).JPG
photo_4.JPG
photo_5 (1).JPG
photo_1 (4).JPG
k V 77-79 , im really motivated in restoring this car into car show condition....ANY IDEAS where i should start and do to make this Mark V car show ready.
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Where shall i start ????

Post by Steve K »

Well, you could probably start by turning it over on so the wheels are on the ground. :lol: Sorry for that, but somebody was going to go there so I figured I would just go first.

It looks like a really nice car. There are a lot of Mark owners here and several projects ongoing. It would probably help to know what your vision for the car is. Are you wanting to do a stock restoration for show, a driver, a restomod? I'd suggest giving us an idea of what your desired end point is, and then a run down of what the car currently does (or does not do). The search function is great for finding useful information for almost every possible system in these cars and, if you don't have one already, a shop manual is invaluable. See the thread on shop manuals here. They are available for a very nominal donation to the forum.

This forum by the way, is only here because of the dedication of its owner and developer. It is free for everyone to use, but it does cost him fees for web hosting and so on. So you might consider that. In about a week of working on your car, you will derive way more value than a 20 dollar donation.

Welcome to the Forum - a great group of Lincoln fans.
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
bob sandercock
Lincoln Maniac

Post by bob sandercock »

I was going to say: At least it turns over!
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Start by detailing the engine bay.
elcad70
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by elcad70 »

Well, you could probably start by turning it over on so the wheels are on the ground. Sorry for that, but somebody was going to go there so I figured I would just go first.
Come downunder, all the cars look like that . . . . . .
1970 Mark III Lincoln
dcm5652
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by dcm5652 »

I think you are upside down in it :D :lol: .......Great looking car. There are a lot of Mark owners here that can help you when you need it, I have 5 Mark V's so anything I can help you with I will.
3 1977 Mark V Luxury Group
2 1979 Mark V Collector Series
1 1967 Continental Coupe, (Dads car)
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Those pictures are upside down on my Mac but not on my iPhone.