long time creeper!

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

long time creeper!

Post by 66continentalefi »

Well I have been creeping around the forum for quite a while now and seeing all the work everyone is doing has given me a huge boost. Working on these cars can be fairly deflating at times just trying to find any parts. None of my friends understand my big car obsession (sometimes I really don't either) but I just love driving my car. I installed the powerjection 3 efi in the spring and I have put somewhere around 4000 miles on the car with no issues. I really must say it was worth the money. Anyway my car is in decent shape but the seats are shot, someone tried fixing the rear passenger door with what appears to be 9 gallons of bondo. and while I had the car at the trans shop someone backed into the front driverside caving in the peak moulding area and I had no insurance.....awesome. I figured I would post some pics of the car now, it may be a slow process as my wife is due with our first child in about 2 weeks. But I am hoping to get the engine out and off to the rebuilder as well as fit some seats from a newer Lincoln thinking 96- up towncar or conti. I hope I can have my car ready and driveable for the woodward dream cruise. I live in Windsor Ontario so its just as big a deal for us canucks being so close.
Sorry for the long post and thanks to everyone on here for giving me plenty of motivation!!http://s874.photobucket.com/user/66cont ... sort=9&o=5
http://s874.photobucket.com/user/66cont ... sort=9&o=6
http://s874.photobucket.com/user/66cont ... sort=9&o=7
http://s874.photobucket.com/user/66cont ... sort=9&o=9
http://s874.photobucket.com/user/66cont ... sort=9&o=8
I hope these links work
66 continental 48000 miles homemade lowering blocks, msd ignition, electric fans and powerjection 3 EFI
94 towncar 158000 kms stock, big stereo, daily driver
05 aviator 172000 kms wifes dd my repair bill!
PowdercoatBill
Frequent Contributor

Re: long time creeper!

Post by PowdercoatBill »

Welcome!
Remind your friends that big cars rule!
sauceman
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by sauceman »

Welcome, and nice car!

Where did you get the Powerjection III from? I'm in Napanee just east of you.

cheers
Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgement.

Yugoslavia '94' , Israel/Syria '99 , Bosnia '02 , Afghanistan '08-'09

My 1977 Town Car build
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

Powdercoat bill I do remind them every time I drive my car and there "hotrods" are in the garage!!

I picked up the powerjection on amazon.com believe it or not. Best price and free shipping in the states good thing for family in Detroit!. I made the stainless braided at work so the fuel system was basically free!. I think I paid 1585$ on Amazon
66 continental 48000 miles homemade lowering blocks, msd ignition, electric fans and powerjection 3 EFI
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Looks good man!
Lee
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

Thanks smeeluv. Oh I have been looking into getting an air bag setup. It appears everyone is using the mobsteel/ridetech kit and I'm sure it is fantastic but I'm interested to hear from anyone using BC fabrications setup. For 3300$ you get the four link , bags,compressor and the accuair e level. In all my research that's a damn good deal!. Any input would be appreciated
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Naked top.
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Yeah, I am still in the beginning stages with the air ride. Everything has been purchased at least. Here's how my thought process went before I ordered everything. I went with the ridetech e3 big red for the management. It was the one system I liked that had all the air pressure displayed in one screen. Like the accuair doesn't have that and you need to order seperate. I also just liked the overall look of it and that they offered the bigger valve block. That probably does not matter too much though. Then I went with Mobsteel for a couple reasons. One, a lot of people on here have stated how impressed they were with everything and install went well. Two, they come with shocks, the BC fab does not from what I saw. These are big cars so Ithe more stability the better. Three, didn't really see a whole lot on here of other stuff. People talk about it but you rarely see it. It doesn't mean it cannot be done. Obviously BC fab is selling their units. Bottom line, $3300 is still a lot of money and these cars are not s10's so I wanted to get the "best" available. Hope this helps and hopefully I get some progress on my install, my goal is to have it installed by march!
Lee
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

smeeluv I have been keeping a close eye on your progress. It looks like its going well!. I have a question about the steering box bushings, Im going to spin a set out of aluminum at work and just need the sizes OD/ID and thickness. I can make a bunch if anyone needs to get rid of the rubber bushings!
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Thanks...hopefully get some pictures up soon actually showing the progress. It is tough getting good pictures under a car on stands vs a lift. We'll make it happen. This is a huge undertaking for us but I am enjoying it so far!
Lee
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

I hear ya! laying on your back on cold cement is not my idea of comfort!. but its all worth it in the end.
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Me no see picture :(
66continentalefi
Occasional Visitor

I think I got it now!
Attachments
ok this shows the front crunched in
ok this shows the front crunched in
after the lowering blocks
after the lowering blocks
2.5" blocks I made
2.5" blocks I made
dads boss and the Lincoln out for a sunday cruise
dads boss and the Lincoln out for a sunday cruise
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

I see pictures!! Nice car. I wish I could afford to do something like the Powerjection III but the expense versus return versus other things I need to do don't add up in my check book. Hoping to do something similar when I get the engine rebuild one day.

Return to “Customized Member Projects”