Special power Lincoln

Any Lincoln fact related question can be posted here. Questions such as how many Contintenal convertibles were produced in MY1965? How much was the Town Car option in 1969? What size of tire was standard on a 1953 Premiere? or Does the Mark II retractible prototype still exist?

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Anton Olafsson
Frequent Contributor

Special power Lincoln

Post by Anton Olafsson »

Hello.

Did FoMoCo never build some special power (muscle) Lincoln?

I´m always a fan of the 300Hurst from Chrysler

Just whis it was a Lincoln :D

Also the Mercury X100 is cool..

Regards from ICELAND

Anton
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: Special power Lincoln

Post by TonyC »

I think the closest to a conventional-consensus "special-power" Lincoln was maybe a NASCAR-grade Mark VII. Now, the '58-'67 Lincolns had high-performance engines put into them, but for the sake of a luxury feel they were tuned down (unlike the modern-day "performance" engines which are just run-of-the-mill engines on steroids). Before the 385-series engines came out, there used to be a limited aftermarket to fit the FE and MEL variants of the Ford Y-blocks, but that market no longer exists...and finding those parts is next to impossible now.

Now, those cars that have 460s in them have a lot of options to turn them into hairy beasts...but that would be done in the aftermarket. It was never done from the factory.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
continentalguy
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by continentalguy »

Anton Olafsson wrote:Hello.

Did FoMoCo never build some special power (muscle) Lincoln?

I´m always a fan of the 300Hurst from Chrysler

Regards from ICELAND

Anton
I just saw one of these this weekend in a collection, very cool 300 indeed. :)
-Allan

'54 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe, '56 Continental Mark II, '61 Lincoln Continental Convertible,
'62 Lincoln Continental Sedan, '70 Lincoln Mark III, '72 Lincoln Mark IV, '17 Lincoln MKC
Anton Olafsson
Frequent Contributor

Post by Anton Olafsson »

ok,

So, I will have to make it myself :lol:

But what would be the best car for this?

I was once thinking of making a COntinental Boss Coupe out of my 72, (Putting the new Jhon Kaasa boss heads on it)
or a Continental Cobra Coupe, puting some snake emblems and trick out the engine cobra jet style, but scoop and grapichs are always tricky on a classic car,.

but I also think, 692door, with consul and a bucket seat, trickt out 460, some vinyl grapihcs special color would be cool, but it have to look factory! So it´s not so simple.

Sorry for my english, i live in ICELAND :D

Regards.

Anton Ólafsson
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Yes, Anton, that is the tricky thing with Lincolns. The last time there was any factory-endorsed performance was in the early- to mid-1950s, when they ran them in the now-extinct Pan-American Road Races. After that, they went back to a more luxury theme, although the cars built afterward still had enough power to race. But they were never themed for racing after 1954.

That means that any custom job you do would be your own, and there isn't much factory reference to make it look like a factory mod. Whatever you choose would be your own, but you can get some good reference pointers from mod firms such as Mobsteel (remember their slogan--"Rides To Die For").

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

TonyC wrote: The last time there was any factory-endorsed performance was in the early- to mid-1950s, when they ran them in the now-extinct Pan-American Road Races.
Check this out on E-bay now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300999143605?ss ... 1423.l2649
Attachments
$(KGrHqRHJC!FJoHbfBhbBS,W,sSvVw~~60_57.JPG
$(KGrHqMOKooFJONNyefVBS,Wb)Q0z!~~60_57.JPG
$T2eC16J,!)wFIZ(YI)OoBS,WZeprTQ~~60_57.JPG
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
Anton Olafsson
Frequent Contributor

Post by Anton Olafsson »

linc64 wrote:
TonyC wrote: The last time there was any factory-endorsed performance was in the early- to mid-1950s, when they ran them in the now-extinct Pan-American Road Races.
Check this out on E-bay now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300999143605?ss ... 1423.l2649
Ohhh love the 54 race cars!!
Have a 54 4door, but the are not as cool :D
The film Moonshine Highway is a must to watch fore all lincoln lovers!

Regards

Anton
Anton Olafsson
Frequent Contributor

Post by Anton Olafsson »

I was goooooogeling :D :D Hera is homemade Mark VII SVO :)

http://www.lincolnsvo.com/