Project "JFK Ride"

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Project "JFK Ride"

Post by bd94s10 »

This week I did work on #JFKRide to get it to Slamfest 24 in Gainesvile. Syko was there along with 3 other Slabs. What a kick ass time. I got the front bumper installed (for now) and was able to trailer it up to Gainesville with no issues. Will post up some pics when I get them uploaded. I'll have the car running in the coming weeks. It is going to TIm's buddy Blair for a few misc things before I get her cranked back up.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Here are some more pics.

Bullet valve stems powdercoated black

Working on the car a bit before the show

Bolting the bumper brackets on to throw the bumper on for the show. It will be coming back off for re-chroming at some point.

Air cleaner setup done up in powdercoat

Cleaned up the steering wheel before the show

Early setup at Slamfest

Trunk setup displaying all my shizzzz. BTTF Licene plate, Saki container, rendering, etc. LOL
Tremelune

Post by Tremelune »

I really like the contrasting interior vs exterior paint.
lowlifelinc
Occasional Visitor

Post by lowlifelinc »

Car looks awesome man! Was looking at it on Suicide Slabs page. Looked like an awesome car show. You seriously got me thinking of getting some supremes on my 62..
flatsxy
Frequent Contributor

Post by flatsxy »

I like the gauge cluster, where'd you get that? Where is it mounted in the car?
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Thanks guys! Yeah the exterior paint is temp just to get it in 1 color. Eventually it will be blown apart, blasted and painted after bodywork. I really like the Supreme wheels. I stumped across them last Dec and was like hey.... these will work. I do plan to cop a set of Mobsteel Wheels and swap them out depending on the show or the look I'm going for. The gauge cluster is from Dakota Digital. I did a full Tech Article for SlamdMag.com and it will be posting in the next month or so. It really looks AWESOME lit up. It is very versatile and super easy to install. Mine will actually got in the standard spot in the dash. I've debated back and forth but I'm going to use the main part of the 65 dash I purchased. The vinyl'd piece around the cluster was temp for the Tech Article. Thanks guys for posting up!
flatsxy
Frequent Contributor

Post by flatsxy »

Now Im really interested. I like the factory dash but always had a dream of doing a full digital, except I want a digital sweeping needle, even with the bounce to it. When I contaced DD a couple years ago just to get the gauges in digital, they were less than help full and actually kinda of rude. I was ready to spend big money on good gauges but they just didn't handle the questions well. So I tried to do a cheap version my self, bought cheap digital gauges and cut them to fit into the dash. I got the temp and the volts to fit but after going through 2 sets of temp gauges and 1 set of volts. I got a new cast piece for the dash and i'm going back to original with blue LED's. I still want to do gauges in the center counsel below the stereo that are more accurate. I like Digital for the accuracy but I really like the simplistic clean look of that one you have. I'll have to look it up.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

No doubt man. I know what you mean. I did the same years ago. I think the volume is just so low on how many they would sell. The R&D would be too much I'm guessing. But with me doing a 65 dash I'm like f it. If you lookup Slammed_64 his setup is close. His came out BAD ASS! He use to have a FB page for his ride but I think it is down. Here is his Instagram: https://instagram.com/slammed_64s ... he got me thinking about DD and I ended up with a 40s Ford setup for a pickup. I figured what the hell.... its a total resto mod.. and I wasn't looking forward to making all the old stuff work, although I had already purchased new senders etc. for the oil pressure, temp, etc. from Amazon. Slammed_64s Lincoln is prob the baddest I've seen in the country. All top notch parts and the original motor is all done up. Its a crazy build. Good luck man. If you have any questions LMK. Jason aka ODB
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

You need to fix that elbow dent in the expansion tank.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Oh I will. Need to have a shop pump air into it and it should pop out. #eyesore
flatsxy
Frequent Contributor

Post by flatsxy »

bd94s10 wrote:No doubt man. I know what you mean. I did the same years ago. I think the volume is just so low on how many they would sell. The R&D would be too much I'm guessing. But with me doing a 65 dash I'm like f it. If you lookup Slammed_64 his setup is close. His came out BAD ASS! He use to have a FB page for his ride but I think it is down. Here is his Instagram: https://instagram.com/slammed_64s ... he got me thinking about DD and I ended up with a 40s Ford setup for a pickup. I figured what the hell.... its a total resto mod.. and I wasn't looking forward to making all the old stuff work, although I had already purchased new senders etc. for the oil pressure, temp, etc. from Amazon. Slammed_64s Lincoln is prob the baddest I've seen in the country. All top notch parts and the original motor is all done up. Its a crazy build. Good luck man. If you have any questions LMK. Jason aka ODB
Yeah I've seen that one here and there before. It does look super clean!
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

So I've been collecting more parts and steady working on the car as much as I can. Last Saturday I hit The Lincoln Ranch (Lincoln-Ranch.com) to meet up with Tim. I was in need of a driveshaft (mine has big dents in it) and misc other items. I got the parts I needed and had the driveshaft installed a few hours later after getting home. I jacked it up, threw some jack stands under it and bada bing... all done! Also, tonight I finalized the power wiring from the back of the car for the compressors and AccuAir setup. I ran the power wire up the passenger side of the car to a stud from Ron Francis Wiring. I then ran a power wire from that to the battery. It is of course on a nice Stinger fuse and a ViAir 80 amp relay for the compressors. Turned the key and bada boom! Compressors came on as expected along with the AccuAir. The last thing to do here is run each of the wiring plugs to each corner of the car. I'm going to cut the wires to the perfect length and solder them back for a nice clean install. The car is going to Blair in a week or so to dial it in before it gets cranked over. Next I need to purchase steering for the car!

Trans cooler and the steel braided line and fittings

ImageImageImage

Car has been chillin' on the trailer since Slamfest

Driveshaft I picked up

The Lincoln Ranch - its like Heaven for a Lincoln fanatic!

Driveshaft install

More to come!
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Did some work on the Lincoln yesterday after getting home from traveling this week at work.

I used a Ron Francis Wiring stud and placed it near the wiring harness. This will be used for the stereo power wire etc. I ran the power to it for the ViAir compressors and AccuAir air mgmt system.

Pretty much finalized the AccuAir wiring install. I'm still going to cut each set of wires that goes to each corner of the vehicle and solder them back together. That way they have a perfect fit.

Threw the driver side TuffStuff spark plug wire looms on to see how they fit and worked.

Yesterday I also installed the carb studs I picked up from Advance Auto Parts. Threw in the gaskets for the carb and got it all tighten down. I'm going to send out my brake booster to be rebuilt (decided it is prob easier to go with the original one) tomorrow. Once that comes back I'll be full throttle on getting the break lines ran etc.
Tremelune

Post by Tremelune »

Remember to add fuses whenever the wire gauge decreases. It looks like you have some smaller wires coming off that monster stud.

Return to “Customized Member Projects”