Please help me locate UPDATE 2 New question

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Please help me locate UPDATE 2 New question

Post by vashtsdaytona »

hello gang,

can you please help me find the circuit breaker pannel in my 69 conti? I am looking for the indicated item in the picutre below. all the FSM tells me is the right hand side of dash. I am guessing it is behind the dash? does the dash have to be removed to access? can i maybe sneak through the glove box? any help would be great. my climate control and power windows keep cycling, so i hope it is just the breaker

thanks
Attachments
breaker.jpeg
Last edited by vashtsdaytona on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
lincolnfanatic4life
No Longer With Us

Re: Please help me locate my breakers

Post by lincolnfanatic4life »

not sure it ur 69 is the same as my '68 LC.

but the breaker panel is acessable by removing the glove box liner it bolted to the firewall kinda by the trans hump.

once you have the glovebox out you should be able to spy it with a light.
1968 Lincoln continental
full chrome delete
all black on 20"s
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

to be honest i have had the glove box out before, for clock removal though i didnt look for the breakers then, lets hope they are hiding in there.
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

They are there under a small half cover. You can see them under the dash up against the cowl just to the right of the transmission hump. Look carefully because they are up and behind the RH side of the AC vents that dump to the floor.
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

i will look for them today, thanks!

does anyone also know where the circuit protection for the headlights are, i cant seem to find it in my FSM????
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

found them thanks! part store is closed but it looks like my napa has them will get new ones tomarrow. thank you again.
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Headlight switch has a built-in circuit breaker.
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

thank you again! it hasnt happend in about a year i suppose but my headlights did go on and off a couple times. guess i should get a new switch there.
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

welp it wasnt the breakers. but i needed to get to them to find the wire to trace back. and it was the relay for the power to the windows/ac breakers. replaced it with a new one. now i seem to be getting reliable power. now unfortunatly my climate control seems to think its winter outside and only wants to give heat. watervalve is open, blowing from the floor. this has happend before and it usualy sorts itself out after a bit of sitting. any thoughts on that?
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Heater valve could have failed and stuck open, or just rotted out. Check for vacuum to it, etc.
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

new heater valve and it has vac to it, so it is in the open position. but also it is blowing from the floor so it thinks its cold inside the cabin, and has opended the heater valve, and ducted the air to the floor, as well as it wouldnt start blowing until the water temp was up. so in my mind it is a problem with the 2 sensors, or the rehostat for the temp control. because it is working but it is just taking a bad reading. i will troulbshoot more today, (check resistance of sensors)
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Please help me locate UPDATE New question

Post by vashtsdaytona »

New question

I have tested the complete system for the rehostat function for the ATC and the rehostat tests good. i have tested the the in car temp sensor and it has tested bad. HOWEVER

i can find the other temp sensor, the picture shows it in the duct work right after the blower. can you guys better describe where it is? is it in the fender on the outside of the car, or in the passenger cabin??

Id like to test that to to see if it needs to be replaced.
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I think it is behind the passenger dash grille. Look for a breather-grille in the grille.
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

are you thinking of the one above the ash tray? because i found that. i will post a pic of it from the FSM so we can all be on the same page.
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid
vashtsdaytona
Lincoln Maniac

Post by vashtsdaytona »

here is the one i am looking for. it would apear to be inside the car but i dont know how to get behind the duct work to get at it?
Attachments
temp sensors.jpeg
1969 Conti 4dr 460cid

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”