Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Re: Sneek Preview - 64 Linc Convert

Post by KULTULZ »

EXQUISITE INTERIOR!

Sorry... I speak French when excited... 8)

Engine compartment detail is breath taking. The fabricated engine cover, is the stock carb underneath and what are you using a as an air filter?

Will you use the cover with the 3 X 2's?

Is the engine basically OEM or has it been jacked up a little?
Not A Current LINCOLN Owner -

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

Thanks. White looks great but it is hard to maintain. Stock carb is underneath, the engine cover actually sits on top of the existing breather. The main cover will be for sale once the 6 pack is installed if anyone is interested. When the SM is installed I have to use the original breather as it looks so cool and the fins and script will be painted the same colour as the car. Again hoping it fits, I have decided that I will not cut the hood. Unfortunatey when the motor was rebuilt it was rebuilt to stock. I didn't think I would ever find the SM intake. Still a factory rebuilt 430 isn't bad.. a cam and bigger pistions just means more gas and a heavier foot.
King James
Occasional Visitor

Post by King James »

That's a very nice ride!
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

KULTULZ 20 Jun 2010 15:41 wrote:
NdaWeeds64 wrote:

As soon as the linkage is finished I will post photos of the intake install. Fingers cross it fits, it the missing link to this build.
Just checking-

You do realize that the outboard carbs are vacuum motor controlled- no manual linkage needed, right?

:roll: ...another mis-statement...

There are two linkage rods that go to the outboard carbs. While the end carbs opening is controlled by vacuum motors, on this application the two outer rods ensure WOT in case one or both motors are weak.

Anytime I post something that doesn't quite seem right, call me on it. I am experiencing advancing CRS and do not want to give out erroneous information.

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

Still waiting on final rebuild photos and the intake to be shipped. Photos to follow. I have a line on the original fuel pump for the set up but I don't think I am going to fork over the 1,200.00 + dollars for it.
KULTULZ
TLFer for Life

Post by KULTULZ »

Ndaweeds64-1 wrote:
Still waiting on final rebuild photos and the intake to be shipped. Photos to follow. I have a line on the original fuel pump for the set up but I don't think I am going to fork over the 1,200.00 + dollars for it.
The original fuel supply system used was a fire hazard. It had three rubber fuel hoses draped over a hot intake manifold. There were fires reported.

Here is a modification where the owner/builder used the period FE fuel log-

- Just An Admirer...

MEL DIVISION 1958-1960
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

That looks awsome. Can't wait till mine get's shipped. Here are some new photos.
Attachments
Front.jpg
Rear.jpg
Current Engine.jpg
Current Engine.jpg (152.17 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Trunk.jpg
Trunk.jpg (165.18 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Side.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg (90.07 KiB) Viewed 932 times
black63lincoln
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by black63lincoln »

Wow! awesome car.. Is that your mansion to?
Todd
empire
Occasional Visitor

Post by empire »

your car is shown in the new Performance Improvements flyer
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

Empire. Is there a link. Where can I see a copy?
empire
Occasional Visitor

Post by empire »

no its like a small flyer that gets mailed. I think it was a pic from London Autorama?
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Wish there was a mag that would do more features on Lincolns from the 60s. Any magazines going to shoot it? Anyone know of any mags that feature Lincolns on a regular basis? I picked up a Hot Rod mag a few months back that had a late 50s copper Lincoln and it was dope (small pic was on the cover as well).. it was layed out on air and was built in a 1 car garage by a father son I believe..

Again man... very sick ride....
NdaWeeds64

Post by NdaWeeds64 »

I have had small photos in Lowrider and Goodguys published. Also I just had a Canadian magazine shoot the car. I have uploaded some of the photos aready (the ones in front of the mansion). The mansion belongs to the son of the father who invented the birth control pill. Check out his website he only collect Cadillacs ( http://www.fleetwoodcountrycruizein.com ). I submitted photos to Rod and Custom but I never had a response. I would love to have a US Magazine feature the car, I need to tour the car in the States more, but I don't want to until the intake is installed. The intake will look better than the engine covers. That is if the HRC&C ever ship it to me! I am a little fustrated they have had the intake since January and its still not done, probably sitting on a customers car.
AnthLinc
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by AnthLinc »

You car looks awesome. Did you do any modifications or use a custom rag joint from the steering column to the steering box.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3806837

[ 1966 Lincoln Conv't ]
[ 1966 Lincoln Conv't Parts Car ]
[ 1972 Lincoln Limo ]
Ndaweeds64-1

Post by Ndaweeds64-1 »

AnthLinc. Thanks for the comment! No modifications were made to the steering or joint. Are you asking because of the larger wheel size?

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”