1967 Lincoln Continental in St. Louis

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Re: 1967 Lincoln Continental in St. Louis

Post by smeeluv »

041514 1.JPG
041514 2.JPG
041514 3.JPG
Lee
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

041514 4.JPG
041514 5.JPG
Lee
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

FINALLY!!! Got this thing back on the ground. Today was a busy day, greased up all the ball joints and steering linkage, finished the front and reassembled the rear. Here's how she sits now...could go lower but I am happy with the current stance and can maybe revisit going lower over the winter. I have a knocking noise in the rear that I need to figure out. Hopefully I can post this vid so you guys can hear it...I think it's the fuel pump. The management system works, I have a couple leaks that I can resolve but the compressor is uber slow...like really slow so that's kinda lame! I would def suggest a two compressor setup for anyone else doing this. And I may get an engine driven one and use this one as a backup or when the car is not started. We'll see. Well, here's a couple pics, she's hitting all four bump stops so that is awesome!
photo.JPG
photo1.JPG
Lee
Suicide65
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Suicide65 »

Looks good Lee! Was the knocking when you were driving?
twistngo
Frequent Contributor

Post by twistngo »

Looks good.
66 Continental convertible, 13 SHO slightly tuned
02 Custom built softtail, 15 Expedition EL, 05 Thunderbird
00 Crown Vic Eaton M112 blower, Tremec 5speed......etc
Suzuki RF900 Just a little engine work...... And yes my wife is invisible
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Thanks gentlemen!! Josh, the knocking was when I raised the rear end...fuel lines are not hooked up yet so no driving. We must have moved that axle up and down 15-20 times with no issues. The only thing that I can think of is that I raised the front first and then the rear, that's when the knock occured. So maybe the angle was different putting the tank in the way. Only thing I can think of. Going to hook up the fuel lines this week so I can move it over, the wife is having a garage sale, if anyone wants some VHS tapes, let me know :)
Lee
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

So, the knocking was from an exhaust hanger so I removed those for the time being. Got the fuel lines rerouted and she fired right up. However, seems like there was a lot of struggle and I am not sure if it's just from the exhaust or what. I have the mufflers on there. There was a lot of vibration but I think I had the rear up a lot higher than what I would normally drive at so that would make sense. We are not going to use the tunnel Mobsteel provided. We did not have to cut that much out so we are just going to fab our own. More work to do...
Lee
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Awesome!! It's quite a bit of work to do this to these cars but well worth it in the end. It looks great laid out! Get that tunnel done and get to driving.
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

So, the crappy driving was due to some spark plug wires not plugged in. I took them off to notch out the wheel well for the shocks. Got the exhaust finished. At first, the exhaust shop said it wasn't going to be possible to reroute and they were not wanting to do it. I'm trying to explain that it is possible since this is a kit a lot of people have purchased and I was fairly confident they are all not rolling with exhaust. Finally they took it on and they were able to get it done. I'll try to snap some pics tonight if I remember.
Lee
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Had her out this past week and last night I noticed a big chunk of rubber sitting on my driveway. It was my front bump stop all crumbled up?! So I guess the factory bump stops are not strong enough to hold the weight of the car. I believe the rears are still good which makes sense. Anyways, that being said, I noticed that my front shocks are fully compressed so I plan to order different ones to get lower.
Lee
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

First ride to work, it's about 30 minutes majority highway. The ride was really good, I still need an alignment. Here's a pic of the old bird in the parking garage at work! As for the bump stops, looks like they were getting pinched by the bag when deflated and just busted them up. Getting started on the stereo soon and over the winter, I plan on getting back to the suspension, an EDC, shorter shocks up front and attempt to drop rear a little more.
081314 1.JPG
Lee
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Bad Ass man. Feels good to have her out on the road I bet. Probably got loads of attention also, happy for you. You'll love the EDC.
I'm having trouble with the rear shocks on mine, need to extend the bottom perch lower as the metal on the tube is actually twisting and crumpling from the weight when laid out.
Ludacris
Occasional Visitor

Post by Ludacris »

Your car looks great, love the black on chrome. I'm in kc so hit me up if you ever make it this way.
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Post by smeeluv »

Darryl, the ride to work was awesome. It was the first on the highway with the air ride and it was really smooth. However, she didn't make it home on her own, water pump blew up. So, I got her towed back to the house and in the garage. Good news is that the engine still turns so I think I am good there. And this will just give me time to finish the stereo and trunk. Oh yeah, the EDC has to happen, it takes 5 minutes to fill my tank up right now! I want to be able to drop her at a stop light and pop her right back up.

Luda, your car is bad ass too! Your interior looks amazing, who did that for you?...that's on my list to do sometime soon.
Lee
davin24
Occasional Visitor

Post by davin24 »

What edc are you going with and details on it ??

Return to “Customized Member Projects”