67 Relays - the definitive guide

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

bimmerkar

Re: 67 Relays - the definitive guide

Post by bimmerkar »

Gents,

I have a 1966 vert with the speed control option. Speed control lights up but does not engage. So, i was trying to see if it was a relay problem. Near the speed control servo, there is a relay with 4 spade as per the picture with part # C5VF-10A698-B which comes up as "low fuel relay". However, I have already 6 relays near the brake booster with one of them with blue plug which per the provided schematics previously in here should be the low fuel relay. I was looking for the circuit braker relay / cruisee control release relay.

Where is the cruise control release relay location? Does anyone have a picture of the relay near the speed control servo and the part #?
With the 4 spade connector disangaged, i still get the low fuel light lid up when starting.

Much appreciated.
Attachments
relay.jpg
Relay2.jpg
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 67 Relays - the definitive guide

Post by Dan Szwarc »

The one on the firewall by the CC servo IS the CC relay.

The low fuel light relay has a black connector and is on the left inner fender wall.

However, I see two aftermarket relay hacked into yours and your OG relay isn't plugged in. And the new relays aren't plugged into the socket for the OG relay harness.

You have to figure out how those two relays are hacked in. You have to review all the schematics and diagrams and ifgure out what those two relays are supposed to be doing.

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”