62 replacement body panels or fiberglass parts

Place your messages for parts or cars wanted in this forum. If you have something to sell, you may want to see if someone is already looking for it here. If you find what you needed, please post a reply to the original message that you got it. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dennis Douville

62 replacement body panels or fiberglass parts

Post by Dennis Douville »

Newbie here : I am a retired salesman and prior mechanic from a Ford Lincoln and Mercury dealership . My son has recently purchased a 62 Continental and I am playing the role of his mechanic and advisor . My question is , does anyone know of a supplier for replacement body panels or fiberglass parts ? Also would appreciate any links to parts suppliers new or previously owned. Last Question, what year trunk and hood will fit his 62 ?

Thanks for letting me join
1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Re: 62 replacement body panels or fiberglass parts

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

https://www.christianpaulcustoms.com/sh ... trunk-lid/

They also sell hoods.. don't be surprised by the price tag since you have chosen to build one of the most expensive American made project cars out there!

There is a section on here Called "The Usual Suspects" all vendors are listed there.
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

Replacement panels are very limited and costly. There is one or two companies that make patch panels for a couple areas but they are pricy. It's like finding parts for any other vintage car that's not a Mustang or Camaro etc...
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
Dennis Douville

Post by Dennis Douville »

Thanks for the link and also for the info about “The Usual Suspects “
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

There is a place in Quebec, Alfa Parts, which makes some patches for '66, but I didn't like them and sent them back, I don't know about '62 parts. Used panels are rare and expensive, and may still need some patching.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.