Original fuel pump

Place your messages for parts or cars wanted in this forum. If you have something to sell, you may want to see if someone is already looking for it here. If you find what you needed, please post a reply to the original message that you got it. All posts over 90 days old will be deleted.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Manon4

Re: Original fuel pump

Post by Manon4 »

Use a 3 port for sure I ve vapor locked before have an electric fuel pump that I switch on as needed for cold starts and vapor lock
Have a switch under the dash Good to have Just my thoughts
Manon4
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

My 66 was driving through Pueblo, Colorado, through 90 degree heat and whatever altitude it was at and it started vapor chugging at high rpm (70+ mph). That was the worst it ever was since the whole cooling and fuel system was rebuilt.

I still want to install a booster pump for backup.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

As you folks know, I've not yet installed the booster pump, but that may happen this year when I get the car out. 7 inches of snow prophesied for tomorrow and Thursday. God put it here, God can take it away, I'll just stay home. Supposedly already have a new radiator. Had it re-cored here in Maine, but I've had the car a very long time. Once, Dan it did vapor chug on my way home from CT, but I slowed down and eventually it came out of it, and I was not abandoned on the road. Triple A doesn't come anyway, no matter how much you pay. The are absolutely unreliable. We waited in NH overnight for them to arrive and they never did. Very late that evening, the local cop called his own tow guy, and he was there in 15 minutes, and he also took us to a motel. Problem solved the next AM. We drove home. AAA dispatcher couldn't believe we were cancelling the call. Wayne
blaroche
Occasional Visitor

Post by blaroche »

Found another 3 port pump on eBay for $375, although it appears to be missing the vapor discharge valve. eBay item # 266110791176
Just wanted to pass along, hope you are able to find one soon! I just disassembled the pump for our 66 and have all the components soaking in carb cleaner. Planning to rebuild it over the weekend.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Just a note to all posting advice about fuel pumps in this thread: in the Wanted forum, posts are automatically deleted 30 days after the last post.

It’s better to reference a previous post and continue the discussion there.