Power steering dipstick

Frames, uni-bodies, suspensions, axles, springs, bushings, shocks, brakes, rotors, hubs, etc.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Greggory1
Occasional Visitor

Power steering dipstick

Post by Greggory1 »

I have a 1966 Lincoln Continental with a 462 MEL. I need a power steering dipstick does anybody know where I can find one? Does anybody have the part number or I can research it more.
thank you.
Gregg
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Power steering dipstick

Post by Lee »

I don’t have a source, just a piece of advice: at least on the early 61-3 cars, there was a different reservoir lid and dipstick for AC vs. non-AC cars (the AC dipstick is longer). That may be true for ‘66 as well, just something to be aware of.
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Lee,

That's the first I heard of any differences. I don't have sources either, but I think the engineers ditched that idea after '63. They likely found it was cheaper to just make one design, identical for either HVAC setup.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I don't know, either. I've got a 63 with AC and the dipstick just goes into the reservoir just under the AC unit. Removing that reservoir also entails removing the AC unit, but there are parts available from John brewer, I think. Wayne
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

The part numbers looked to be the same for the 61-63 whether it was as AC or not.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs

Return to “Chassis, Suspension, Steering & Brakes”