1965 Driver's side door question

Paint, sheet metal, hood ornaments, trim, vinyl tops, emblems, seats, carpet, dashboards, etc. Paint cleaning and detailing messages should be posted in the Cleaning and Detailing sub-forum.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 1965 Driver's side door question

Post by TonyC »

Hmm... :think: My computer recognizes HEIC files; maybe making a duplicate picture through the Paint program, changing its format to JPEG, will help. My Paint program opens HEICS with no issues, and my computer isn't exactly state-of-the-art.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

frasern wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:49 pm Mike, my '63 is on the post, same place as the '62s, so if yours is on the door, that confirms a running change during '63.
Here's a pic from a 63 on Craigslist with the tag on the door. Its a convertible.
00j0j_hmrNQA2GY2j_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

HEIC format is tricky. A lot of programs/sites don't recognize it. On a Mac you can drag it to the desktop and double click to open it and then export it as a JPEG. In Photos you can open the pic and then go to File > Export > Export 1 Photo and then select the JPEG format.

1963 Lincoln Continental did have a change for the VIN plate. If I remember correctly that was the model year that the plate moved from the door jam (down near where your left foot rests (just as an example) to the actual door. The automotive miles post site use to mention this but its no longer in existence.
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

Mike wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:32 pm
frasern wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:49 pm Mike, my '63 is on the post, same place as the '62s, so if yours is on the door, that confirms a running change during '63.
Here's a pic from a 63 on Craigslist with the tag on the door. Its a convertible.

00j0j_hmrNQA2GY2j_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
08M would be fairly early, so most '63s then, should be on the door. Mine is on the post, but I don't have a picture of it, so I don't know the date code. Interestingly, but off topic, both my '62s are coded 18M and 23 digits apart.
Jim, if you're still here, my '67 has those spring loaded devices on all 4 doors, but my '62 conv has none. '64 may have been when they were added, but what you describe sounds like someone has replaced the drivers door with one from a sedan. Possibly an earlier conv., I think the front doors are similar, just the rear ones were stretched in '64, so the bump you describe could mean it's an earlier door.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

Both of mine are on the post, I don't have a pic off hand either.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs

Return to “Body, Trim, & Interiors”