Restoration

Anything that pertains only to a convertible goes here. Such as: Top material, pads, mechanism, hydraulic pumps, switch and relay mechanisms, latches, etc.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Nice1

Restoration

Post by Nice1 »

I have a 64 convertible that needs interior, mechanical and electrical restoration. Non running. Body is an older restoration, 70s I believe. The car is in Kansas City. It belongs to my brother who lives in Denver. We had someone lined up a couple years ago in Denver to restore it. I didn't keep the contact info and my brother lost the contact info. Anyone in Denver, KC or anywhere else that can work on it? I know it won't be cheap, nothing is on these cars. LOL Thanks for any help!
66 Continental convertible
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Restoration

Post by bd94s10 »

Rich would be arguably the BEST around: https://www.lianarestorations.com

He is in TN though. I'm not certain of anyone in the areas you mentioned. The challenge is often shops will take on a job and then get into and realize they don't know enough about Lincolns.

Blair Farmer and Theresa "TC" is an option in FL as well. If you are invested in their contact info (I know it's not in the area you are) let me know. They are starting a pretty big restoration right now.
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Does the car have sentimental value?

If it doesn’t, and given that your car needs basically “everything”, your time and pocketbook may be better served finding an excellent running example. And you won’t have to wait 5 years (or more) to start enjoying it.
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

The biggest questions are what condition is it in now and how much of a restoration do you want to do?
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

McPherson College is 3 hours west of KC. Some of their graduates stayed nearby after graduation, so if you want to stay local, that's worth exploring.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
Nice1

Post by Nice1 »

The car has been in the the family for about 45 yrs. Body is good but it needs a lot of work (top, interior, mechanical and no doubt electrical. Might just sell it and let somebody with the know how restore it. Thank you all for the input and info! Love this forum!
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

If you're looking for someone in the Denver area, contact John, at Brewer classic Lincoln, he's pretty well connected there.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
Nice1

Post by Nice1 »

Talked to him about it. He told me to get it running and driving so it could be moved about a shop.
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

Nice1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:08 pm Talked to him about it. He told me to get it running and driving so it could be moved about a shop.
That's good advice, even if you only want to sell it. In my experience, a running example, even if it doesn't run well, of any car will be worth 50 to 100% more.
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
Nice1

Post by Nice1 »

I concur Lee. Now to start the process. LOL
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Try giving Art Apple a call in Denver. I think he's in the LCOC directory. Rich Liana is in Troutville, VA, just outside Roanoke.

Return to “Convertibles, Convertibles, Convertibles”