Resto mod company suggestions

This area is for those who need help modernizing their Lincoln for purposes other than strict restoration. Such questions can be about adding an electric fuel pump, adding fuel injection, boosting horsepower or gas mileage, or tightening or lowering the suspension. Body customizing and chopping can also be here (although this practice is not encouraged by the LCOC).

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Resto mod company suggestions

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Looks like Frankenstien needs a body man.

If any shop you talk to says you have frame damage, run, don't walk.

Obviously, this damage would total any car this age. I see a new project thread from Tony coming.
Lee
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Lee »

That's painful to even look at. Good to hear the kid actually stopped (not always guaranteed these days), and with any luck, he also has insurance...?
1930 A Coupe
1941 LC Coupe
1968 XR-7 (my great-grandfather’s)
1962 LC Sedan (owned 35 years & driven 100k+ myself)
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Yes, he was insured. His parents actually own and insure the car, so that part was covered. I just hope his parents don't try pulling a fast one, trying to say I caused that collision. I don't expect it, but I'm aware that some would try such a trick, even though they weren't even there.

However, I know how insurance companies operate, and I refuse to subject Frankenstein to a statutory total. Yes, the skin's in bad shape, but my exams underneath today show no signs of core-structural damage. That fender after all it's been through (at least three collisions, two of them with me) will need replacing, but I know that no insurance company will cover that, not when they have so many liberties to low-ball victims with Krugerrands-on-the-dollar assessments from their colluding body shops, and citing that against their pennies-on-the-dollar pay-outs.

That's why I have no intention to file a claim. I'm going to just pull out or beat out the damage as best I can, leave a thorough repair for when I have a second car and $15g's to spare for the bodywork Frankenstein has needed since before even my first collision 17 years ago.

---Tony

Update, 3 April: Geico is not disputing the report, so that's good. I have to make arrangements with the claim adjuster to inspect the damage, then take it from there. Good news is that I pretty much confirmed no structural or drivetrain damage; the tire shop and alignment shop found nothing. I think the slippery road may have helped to mitigate the impact damage, because I was expecting to see a broken spindle or ball joint, which would have put me in a world of hurt.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

@appleco1 where are you located? Blair Farmer in FL is one of the top guys in the country with tops. He is in Clearwater, FL. Tony "Boss" Bolin is near me (he's in New Port Richey) as well and he is great. I know Tony is booked out a good bit though. You might try John Cashman to see if he would still offer to assist. He seems like he is getting back into it some.

Tell him The Lincoln Addict sent ya. 813-390-1950.. he might come to you. John is the best in the world.

Return to “Updating, Modernizing, and Customizing”