POWER ANTENNA REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR FOR LINCOLN MARK V

Power windows, power lock, power seats, radios, heaters, fans, motors, relays, air conditioning, and other accessories or wiring-related items.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

OldSchoolLincolnGuy

Re: POWER ANTENNA REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR FOR LINCOLN MARK V

Post by OldSchoolLincolnGuy »

Looked under the dash and saw the switches for the power antenna and speakers. Pics have been added. Saw a lose black (I think ground wire) which I do not know where it goes speakers or antenna?? Then a connector which should have two wires in it but only one, maybe the lose black wire goes there??? Then looked inside glove box to find where antenna lead comes in. Does the glove box have to be removed?? Took pics.
20240307_164744.jpg
20240307_165033.jpg
20240307_165058.jpg
20240307_165459.jpg
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

If it makes it easier for you to get to the cable by pulling the glove box out do it. Otherwise reach up behind it and work around it.

Trial and error. It's how you learn with this simple stuff. Its perfectly safe to try something first. One person's preferred way might be someone else's hard way.
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

In your first post, you said the antenna motor is working (making noise), so it is getting power and ground, and the speaker fader has no ground.
Any Ford factory plugs will be a matching set, what you are showing is not a factory wire, my guess, and it is only a guess, as I cannot see much there, is that someone has replaced the dash speaker, and tied it's wire into the old plug. If your dash speaker is not working, try to see what wires come from it and where they go.
I'm not sure how to take the glove box off, but I think it still had a piano hinge with 4 screws, in that year. It may have lugs on the sides that fit behind the opening, just press the sides in until they clear.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

And don't worry about breaking it, I have one I can sell you!
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.

Return to “Electrical & Accessories”