64 LCC Restore Jedf16 Start Sep 17 - UPDATED 2 Mar 2020

This area is for members who are restoring their Lincolns or any other project that they wish to discuss and document with fellow forum members. You can link to your own off-site page or post all your pics and progress in the thread itself. Customizers should use the Customizer Members' Projects forum.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 64 LCC Restore Jedf16 Start Sep 17 - UPDATED 2 Mar 2020

Post by Dan Szwarc »

OP hasn’t been back since June of 2020.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

I've seen a few people do these the of builds it is pretty amazing.

Here is one Chassis Crafters (amazing shop on the east coast of FL) is working on. Please note I realize 99.9% of people here are not going to like this project or think it is overkill. This was a few years back. They didn't take the fenders/quarters off when it was dipped. They did come off afterwards. They are running a Roadster Shop chassis on the car.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=818917841626807

Chassis Crafters Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chassiscrafte ... g5bm1sYWpx

Ed, owner of the shop, builds amazing vehicles for people that have pretty much unlimited budgets. Once this is finished I will probably say it is the most ambitious Lincoln project I am aware of lol.

ImageChassis Crafters custom one-off Lincoln Continental convertible w/ Roadster Shop chassis. by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

ImageChassis Crafters custom one-off Lincoln Continental convertible w/ Roadster Shop chassis. by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

More - again this is not my car or my project. Just sharing as it is an over the top build for someone with a truly unlimited budget (it seems). lol.

1Bad55Chevy
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by 1Bad55Chevy »

The above build is INSANE! I don't understand the purpose of cutting the quarters off. Once all the wheel tubs are chopped out you can paint everything. I have helped do the sheet metal work for a few back halfed Camaros and Novas and you never weld the tub to the quarter, everything is either welded or pop riveted to the floor depending on the materials used.

I saw this chassis a few weeks back and thought it was pretty slick!

https://roadstershop.com/product/1964-6 ... e-chassis/
55 Chevy 2 dr/ht pro street 427
71 Lincoln Mark iii
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee #1168 of 4000
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Man! I wish I was 40 years younger! Wayne