Project Rita Hayworth - 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Project Rita Hayworth - 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible

Post by bd94s10 »

Thanks man for chiming in. Yes, I think that was because he just hasn't been visiting the site. He still has his Mercedes convertible (I don't think he sold it yet but was tossing around the idea). I'm thankful to have purchased this '65 from him. He does chime in on my YouTube Channel every few videos. What a nice guy he is!!!!

Thanks
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

One thing I've wanted to get into with my cars is photo shoots, wedding chauffeur and music videos. I've done a few chauffeur jobs which is prob my favorite. I had some guys locally talk with me about using my car for their music video. I decided to go forward with the offer and it turned out great! Check it out via the below link. They are super nice guys who wrote a cool song tiled "Whitewalls." They even mention a Lincoln and a drop top so it went perfect with the car! Of course the stock look only has the smaller white wall tires but hey you get the message!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxtD983qwLE

Thanks,
Jason B. aka The Lincoln Addict
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

I woke up early Saturday 4.1.2023 and washed Rita Hayworth. I proceeded to meet up with Chris Dunn (Lincoln Land owner) for a few hours. I took a few pics with his amazing '63 Lincoln which I saw last Dec at a local show. It has recently been painted and fitted with some NOS parts etc. Enjoy the pics.

Visiting w/ Chris Dunn

Image1965 Lincoln Continental convertible by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

Visiting with Blair Farmer who adjusted my carb a tad. We are going to do a tune up on it soon when we finish the AC upgrade.... which Blair said we need to do soon and I agree... I def want to have AC cruising in the HOT Florida weather!

Blair let me borrow this book which I've been wanting a copy of for a very long time. Its cool to see Chris Dunn's name in it including photos from Lincoln Land Inc. in Clearwater, FL!

Cheers!

Jason B.
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Here is a quick video I uploaded from the same day -https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqg-UPwJ ... _copy_link
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Great news! We finished the AC upgrade on Rita Hayworth on 6.27.2023. I have to thank Blair Farmer, TC and the entire crew at Lincoln Land, including Chris Dunn, for the help. I picked up parts at Lincoln Land that I needed to get me over the finish line. I'll be working on a video to detail the update for the Lincoln Addict YouTube Channel. Sneak peek pics below

Cruising to Clearwater

ImageRita Hayworth … our 1965 Lincoln Continental convertible… air conditioning upgrade by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

Getting excited to finish what we started in 2022 when we spent a few hours to kickoff the project. I had just not dedicated the second day to finish the job until now

ImageRita Hayworth … our 1965 Lincoln Continental convertible… air conditioning upgrade by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

Engine bay when we were in the midst of working

Blair's Helper

We knew my clutch was bad bud Blair tested it again to be sure. So I hit Lincoln Land nearby to talk to George/Chris about acquiring a good used one

Good used clutch that works great

Blair Farmer working

New AC compressor which I bought several years ago and never used (for my '67)

Quick pic I took when I got home that night (ice cold AC all the way home). Note the lines were a smidge too long but we made them work.

More to come via the Lincoln Addict YouTube Channel
bd94s10
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by bd94s10 »

Checkout my latest YouTube video and let me know what I may have missed in your opinion.

ImageMake Money From Online - Made with PosterMyWall-2 by Jason Ballard, on Flickr

Video: https://youtu.be/cxQVhbJG8TI

Return to “Customized Member Projects”