new to site

Discuss automotive and auto-industry-related items here. Non-Auto topics are not permitted.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

1979lincolnfan

new to site

Post by 1979lincolnfan »

Hello everyone.

I am new to this site. I have recently purchased a 1979 mark5 collectors series. I am still getting familiar with the car and am making a list of things it will need. It was purchased off Ebay,from the U.S and brought into Canada which was a big risk, but it has worked out OK so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know like minded mark 5 owners.
Attachments
20221216_142607.jpg
complete.jpg
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: new to site

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Thanks for posting and visiting!

Canada is a big place. I know a Canadian, perhaps you know him? (old joke). He sold his 77 Contiental to someone in the Netherlands. That must have been a fun importing process.

Welcome to the wonderful world of classic Lincoln ownership. I hope you have brought lots of cash and time. You’ll need them both or a lot of one of them.

(Moving to Miscellaneous for exposure.)
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Welcome!

I know the same Canadian that Dan knows (no, really, from the Lincoln Club) as well as a bunch of others.

Where are you?
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Welcome aboard! :smt006

The shots of your new-old car are impressive...especially the brake-stand shot; I didn't know Mark Vs could spin their front wheels, let alone hard enough to leave clouds like that!

(That's meant to be funny, I know that's like fog or something :lol: .)

Seriously, you're in good hands here; lots of support with solid, free advice to offer. We be far better than anything on S-M. Many of us have real experience with these cars, not like the shade-tree-wannabes you'll find elsewhere.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
1979lincolnfan

Post by 1979lincolnfan »

Stuart M. Cohen wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:48 pm Welcome!

I know the same Canadian that Dan knows (no, really, from the Lincoln Club) as well as a bunch of others.

Where are you?
Hello! I am located in Chatham Ontario
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I’m not sure why I have to approve posts in the sub forum.

Return to “Misc. Automotive Discussion”