66/67 68/69 Heater/AC Control area Dash pictures needed

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

TonyC
TLFer for Life

Re: 66/67 68/69 Heater/AC Control area Dash pictures needed

Post by TonyC »

Another bump, with another addition. Some may remember my mention of one of the 1969 Presidential limousines finding refuge in a car museum near me, that I saw it last time I was at that museum, and that it was scheduled to be auctioned off on BaT. That auction is now going on; apparently, the photoshoot the staff put it through when I was last there was for the BaT posting. I saved all the pictures they posted, all 153 of them, and one of them is relevant to this thread.

That limo was apparently fitted with the manual-A/C option, and they took a shot of the control panel. I'm sharing it here. This is how the manual-A/C control looks on the '69 Continentals...and unless I see evidence otherwise, I dare say that '68 is identical (subject, of course, to correction should I come across evidence to that effect). The configuration of the pushbuttons is identical to the manual-A/C control panel of '66/7, but the labeling is a bit different; you can see the difference comparing to the '66/7 panel I posted here.

---Tony
Attachments
Manual-A/C Control, 1969 Continental (L-P Presidential Limousine)
Manual-A/C Control, 1969 Continental (L-P Presidential Limousine)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “1966-69 LCOC Authenticity Manual Update”