1963 Lincoln inspection card

Details such as correct colors, plating material, inspection marks, orientation, and even the number of wipes that should occur for a vacuum-powered windshield wiper system after pushing the "wash" button.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Minnesota1970!

1963 Lincoln inspection card

Post by Minnesota1970! »

Hello,

As I was working on putting my hood back on my 1963 Lincoln I took off the old insulation. To my surprise I found this inspection slip attached to the underside of the hood.

Did every car get this attached or could my car have been a special order.

First picture is the inspection tag and second picture is of my car.

Thanks

Jim
Attachments
1963 Lincoln inspection tag
1963 Lincoln inspection tag
1963 Lincoln
1963 Lincoln
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 1963 Lincoln inspection card

Post by Dan Szwarc »

It's just the build sheet. Every car has them if not already removed. There are several located throughout the car.
mge825y
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by mge825y »

Jim - I think this is pretty cool. I guess there are many hidey holes where they put these builds sheets. On my '63 convertible, the one under the front seat was chewed into tiny pieces for nesting materials by a mouse. So, I didn't have one. But years later, when my car was painted, they removed the package tray and one was found taped in a place that wasn't visible unless you remove the package tray. I was excited to find it because it helped me confirm what I knew about my car.

Do the details on the build sheet you found (production #, exterior color, interior trim, production date and top color) match your car?
Mark in Charlotte
1963 Lincoln Continental convertible
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Jim

Your paint code letter is T which in 1961 was Honey Beige (not sure if they changed it like they did in later years) but from the photo you included, your '63 appears to be that color. Original paint?? Looks great, by the way.

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
Minnesota1970!

Post by Minnesota1970! »

Thanks all!

I was really excited to find the tag. I took the seat out to re-build the seat motor and didn't find one there or it was deteriorated.

The vin and all codes match between the car and the build sheet. That color T in 1963 was called Nassau beige. And the interior color on mine is 84 which in 1963 was then called Honey Beige. Nice play on words between the years! The build sheet has the schedule date of 09L which looks to be 9th of November and on the id Tag it has the production date of 03L which looks to be the 3rd of November.

odometer reads 51,000 and based on the originality of the car, I think its real. Cracked open the deck lid last night and was happy to find no spliced or cut wires in there with the motors or relays! I might find some other treasures in there......

Thanks.

Jim