Sticky Forum

This forum is a place for topics that are found to be commonly asked by new members who are unable to find the answers to questions that have been asked and answered in the past.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Sticky Forum

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Hmmm you not be in he group moderators, but have rights assigned differently. I'll check.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Try now, Jeremy.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

OK. I specifically added you to the forum with Full Access. Try again.
jsanford
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by jsanford »

Yep :-)
LCOC Western Region Webmaster & Northern CA Activities Coordinator.
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

As a very newbie (just bought a car last weekend), I'd like to see a topic like "the 10 things a new owner of a 1961-67 Lincoln Contiental should do first." I was about to have the oil changed first, but then I came across that excellent piece on modern oils ruining classic cars with flat tappets (these aren't hydraulic?) so I'll find some oil with that additive first. (Amsoil seems like the best bet.) What are the other top pointers and pitfalls for someone like me? (If the info is posted already, my apologies, but I didn't see it). Thank you, everyone!
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Here's a pretty important one: http://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/v ... timing+set

Oops, that one is already posted out there.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Okay, that's one. Thanks, Lithium Cobalt!
I'd be interested to read what people have to say about additives to compensate for the non-leaded fuel and ethanol-laced stuff they sell as "gasoline" these days. There's an interesting post on here about oil additives already. That one was very helpful. Thanks, all.
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

Dan, a few year ago you posted a beautiful set of photographs of your restoration of the engine bay of your '66. I could have sworn I bookmarked them but have been searching and can't find. Could you direct me to where they're posted, please? Sorry for the hassle. Thank you.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

How bout dis: http://dannann.net/eriamjh/66detailing/Part_1.html

I will agree, fantastic documentation.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

CaptainDave wrote:Dan, a few year ago you posted a beautiful set of photographs of your restoration of the engine bay of your '66. I could have sworn I bookmarked them but have been searching and can't find. Could you direct me to where they're posted, please? Sorry for the hassle. Thank you.
The link in my signature.
rpracing1

Post by rpracing1 »

Cant find post of 1997 Conti alarm issues? Anyone please direct.
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

I've looked but haven't seen a sticky forum article on parts numbers. Take, for example, part # 24144-5 (as listed in the shop manual illustration) which becomes C7VY-5324145-AIA on the box and label (and right on the part, in some cases). What is the relationship between the two? Did Ford switch from one system of parts #s to another in the mid-60s? Is there an easy cross-reference. The Master Parts Catalog I got on CD (thanks, Dan!) when I sent in a contribution does list both in places but it isn't clear why there are two numbers, what the correct nomenclature is for each or why they did it that way. Seems like that could be a good sticky topic. Thanks!
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

A sticky has never been done on how to read or interpret or find Ford part numbers. It's been discussed in many posts on and off, but never in its own post.
I thought there was a thread on how to use the MPCs, but I haven't looked for it.

Any volunteers to start a thread?

Bueller?
95TwnCar

Post by 95TwnCar »

Question,
I have a 95 Signature Series Towncar and the melting snow pushed forward and snapped the hood ornament.
Opened the hood and it doesn't appear to be an easy fix or replacement.
How do I get the old nut off and replace the broken piece with a new ornament, does the car need to be on a lift and the old part removed from underneath?

Any help will be appreciated.

Silver Frost 95 Signature Series Towncar
95TwnCar

Post by 95TwnCar »

Question,
Anyone know somewhere where I can get a replica Lincoln Factory Window Sticker with my car's details?
I have the Marti Report on my 95 Signature Series Towncar but they don't do Window Stickers yet for a 95 Towncar.
Any help much appreciated.