New Project 69 continental !

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

69lowlincoln
Occasional Visitor

New Project 69 continental !

Post by 69lowlincoln »

getting ready to start on my project a 69 continental, its a little rough around the edges but pretty much everything is there.. but im having a little trouble finding a couple parts and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions? im not worried about originality i just want it to function well.. ive been lurking the site for a while and noticed there is a thread about fitting srt 8 rotors onto our hubs, is there any other alternative to these rotors other than buying stock stuff from the usual suspects for around 180 a pop? also im looking into getting a new master cylinder and brake booster assembly, autozone is on permanent backorder and i was reading about someone on the board who refurbishes the old ones? has anyone delt with this company personally ? what are the requirements to know if its rebuildable? once again thanks for your time and on to some pictures.....

Also the future plans for this car are full airbag suspension, megasquirt ecu for the fuel injection , im in the process of redoing the top end of the motor , id like to see a solid 300-350 whp but a turbo is in its future.. but first i just wanna get it going. all the labor is bieng done by me so hopefully ill be able to keep the cost reletively low( haha we know how that goes!)
Attachments
rsz_111909_016.jpg
bumper.jpg
front.jpg
a little rusty the rebuild is on the way! along with plans for the air ride setup!
a little rusty the rebuild is on the way! along with plans for the air ride setup!
the calipers had seen better days time for a rebuild and repaint
the calipers had seen better days time for a rebuild and repaint
1 down 1 to go
1 down 1 to go
King-David
Occasional Visitor

Re: New Project 69 continental !

Post by King-David »

Booster Dewey... yes I had my Brake booster done and not only did he do a great job and send it back quickly... He followed up with me to make sure I had it installed right! None finer that that guy there... As far as your other questions, I have no idea. I had already spent about 700$ in new OEM replacement brake stuff before I thought about upgrading. So OEM it is for now at least...
69lowlincoln
Occasional Visitor

Post by 69lowlincoln »

thanks for the reply! well it looks like ill start pulling the dash this weekend to get it out and send it to dewey ill probably wait a bit till the holiday shipping stuff calms down though!
PowdercoatBill
Frequent Contributor

Post by PowdercoatBill »

69lowlincoln wrote:thanks for the reply! well it looks like ill start pulling the dash this weekend to get it out and send it to dewey ill probably wait a bit till the holiday shipping stuff calms down though!
I pulled my power booster without removing the dash. About 2 feet of extensions and a couple of swivels and out it came.
Putting the nuts back on was a challenge! I used a flexible claw tool and my wife's little hands and got em back in.
I had a buddy of mine (owns a repair buisness) send it to Cardone. Had it back in a little over a week. The master I got a local ma and pop shop.
Here's a link to there site http://www.cardone.com/products/brakes/ ... e-boosters
69lowlincoln
Occasional Visitor

Post by 69lowlincoln »

Wow been a long time since I last posted!! Thanks for the reply! Since I last updated I've decided for a motor swap and a hydroboost unit! Also decided to go with the srt rotors, moneys been a little tight but still get to do a little work once in a while. Ill try to post some pics from my phone.
69lowlincoln
Occasional Visitor

Post by 69lowlincoln »

I know I have a few more somewhere!
Attachments
Sneak peek!
Sneak peek!
69lowlincoln
Occasional Visitor

Post by 69lowlincoln »

Couple more
Attachments
Motor mock up
Motor mock up
Had to notch the crossmember to get that motor way low!
Had to notch the crossmember to get that motor way low!
Had to flip the sump from rear to front
Had to flip the sump from rear to front
Donor motor
Donor motor
Close to the ride height I want
Close to the ride height I want
66Lincoupe
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by 66Lincoupe »

Whoa!! A 6.8! Did I miss where you said you were installing a modular somewhere?!?

cool! Keep those photos coming!

If you can find a hydrogen ICE V10 bus sitting somewhere they had a supercharger that sat just as low as the NA intake... THAT would rock. If you go turbo that thing will be pretty awesome.

Any gear changes? I saw your doner was a 4 wheel drive, do you have a 2wd trans or are you going to adapt to the C6?
Rob
69lowlincoln
Occasional Visitor

Post by 69lowlincoln »

I got the tail shaft housing and output shaft off a 2wd to convert it. Yea originally I was going to use the 460 but upon closer inspection there was a crack in the block, so I surfed Craigslist and found a wrecked truck sold all the bits and kept the motor and Trans, all together I'm in it less than 300$! Right now I'm building an engine test stand to get it running before its in the chassis.
Attachments
Had to modify the original oil cooler adaptor because it dropped the filter in the rear where the sump used to go
Had to modify the original oil cooler adaptor because it dropped the filter in the rear where the sump used to go
Rotor vs wheel
Rotor vs wheel
This is where I'm at now building the engine test stand
This is where I'm at now building the engine test stand
Always under close supervision by the shop car who always wants a look at the action
Always under close supervision by the shop car who always wants a look at the action
King-David
Occasional Visitor

Post by King-David »

Any updates on this project?
Yeager351

Post by Yeager351 »

Hey, Dont stop posting......Im wanting to know about those wheels. And great choice on the V10

Return to “Customized Member Projects”