LCOC Merchandise

This public area is set aside as a courtesy for the Lincoln & Continental Owners Club and the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation for topics specifically related to the them. Inquiries can be made by non-members concerning the two organizations here. All mention and reference to the LCOC is allowed under fair-use laws. TLF.Net is not affiliated with the LCOC or LMCF in any way and the messages posted here do not reflect the views of the LCOC or TLF.Net. Members who wish to post private messages to or about the LCOC may do so in the Private LCOC Forum.

Moderator: LCOC Moderators

linc64
TLFer for Life

LCOC Merchandise

Post by linc64 »

Has anyone ordered and received any LCOC merchandise lately? Numerous attempts to obtain decals and grill badges have been unsuccessful.
If anyone has access to new badges and/or decals, and can ship immediately, please PM me.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: LCOC Merchandise

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Maybe they're shipped by the same person who ships the authenticity manuals.....
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Stuart M. Cohen wrote:Maybe they're shipped by the same person who ships the authenticity manuals...
They are. That's the problem!
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Join the LCOC
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Call Charlie Blaise. Look him up in the directory.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Dan Szwarc wrote:Call Charlie Blaise. Look him up in the directory.
Dan, I've done that, and also spoken to Glen Kramer and Bruce Hutchinson about this problem. I ordered and paid for ten decals last September. My check was never cashed and decals never sent. I've been on this problem since then, and still don't have a resolution to the problem. Another member has been waiting over three months for a grill badge, and the same thing has happened to him. I want to propose that some of the regions take over distribution of some of the national merchandise, since it's obvious that Charlie can't handle it all. I suggested this months ago, but I guess the wheels of progress need some grease. I also have not been able to order authenticity manuals, or any thing else for fear that I may never receive them. I don't think there's any reason that anyone should have to wait more than a month for their items,and nine months is certainly ridiculous. :smt011
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Join the LCOC
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Jim, I ordered a few fabric LCOC badges from Charlie. Honest to God it took at least 6 months for me to get them. It was so long I forgot I ordered them! :smt011
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
MRLNCN
Occasional Visitor

Post by MRLNCN »

There are no decals availiable. I have not found anyone that can reproduce them.
Any orders that include requests for decals are sent back to the sender with a request for another check for any items less those decals. You can send a new request for most any other items less the decals. If you are aware of someone that can reproduce the decals, let me know. I only have one sample left and I would hate to lose it to someone that claims they can do it and then cannot.

Charlie
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Okay, thanks for letting us know Charlie. This is the first I've heard about it. It needs to be removed from the projects list on the web site. Regarding grill badges, check this thread on the LCOC website. Maybe you could PM Doug Corrigand on the status of his grill badge.
http://www.lcoc.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=220
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Join the LCOC
timesgoneby
Occasional Visitor

Post by timesgoneby »

:( I ordered a back issue of Continental Comments (with payment) one YEAR ago this month and nothing ever received. Sent emails and no reply ever received as well as check never being cashed. I have had on going problems with LCOC for several years. Last year I requested the membership roster when doing a renewal on line (also spoke with someone at that site). Membership renewed and NO roster. I received a roster this year but my name and cars have not been listed for several years now. If Mr Blais can not handle these chores he should have them assigned to someone who can. Appears National does not care either. Oh, I now receive 2 copies of the magazine at times and Nothing every now and then. Guess my days with LCOC are over.
http://www.collectiblemetal.net
1956 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
1957 Lincoln Premiere Convertible
1961 Continental Convertible
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

timesgoneby wrote: If Mr Blais can not handle these chores he should have them assigned to someone who can. Appears National does not care either. Oh, I now receive 2 copies of the magazine at times and Nothing every now and then. Guess my days with LCOC are over.
Agreed. I cancelled mine 2011. Sucks, but maybe new chiefs need put in place of this particular area. I'd love to reconnect again.
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

timesgoneby wrote::( I ordered a back issue of Continental Comments (with payment) one YEAR ago this month and nothing ever received. Sent emails and no reply ever received as well as check never being cashed. I have had on going problems with LCOC for several years. Last year I requested the membership roster when doing a renewal on line (also spoke with someone at that site). Membership renewed and NO roster. I received a roster this year but my name and cars have not been listed for several years now. If Mr Blais can not handle these chores he should have them assigned to someone who can. Appears National does not care either. Oh, I now receive 2 copies of the magazine at times and Nothing every now and then. Guess my days with LCOC are over.
Oh, I hate to read that! Please don't give up yet. Glenn Kramer reads this forum - and he'll fix this issue I'm sure.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Bob Hubbard
On Special Assignment

Post by Bob Hubbard »

I think problems like those being discussed here could be solved easily, and quickly if LCOC were to farm out it's complete line of products to just one company.
That company would be responsible for manufacturing, and marketing all LCOC products.
They would be in charge of everything from design to sales.
This would work.
It would no doubt cause some licensing issues, but I think that could be straightened out.
Bob.
CaptainDave
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by CaptainDave »

I wonder what other marque clubs do. Surely some of them have this stuff nailed. Any multi-marque collectors out there who have had great experiences in this department with, say, Packard or Edsel gear? It might be interesting to see who, if anyone, is doing this well, and find out if they farm it out or just have the right volunteers.
'66 convertible "The Blue Lagoon"
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

Hell, I can't even get photos of what any of this national merchandise looks like. Asked multiple times, never got a response. In my opinion, if this stuff is supposed to generate revenue for the club, then why the hell are we not making sure that it's not only available, but that people's requests are being fulfilled? Seems like leaving money on the table to me and it shouldn't be that way.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Well said; got to fix this situation quickly. Service level is totally unacceptable.
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC

Return to “Public LCOC & LMCF-Related Discussion”