My 65 Lincoln

This forum is for those members who wish to post continuously updated threads on their Lincoln that is being customized beyond stock. Members who are restoring their cars to original, should use the regular Members' Projects forum.

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, jleonard

1LOW65

My 65 Lincoln

Post by 1LOW65 »

New guy here. Names Ben. Had this Lincoln for a little over a year.

Here's what I started with

And here's what it looks like now

And yes before anyone asks. I did shave the front marker lights, rear tail lights and the peak moldings.
smeeluv
Lincoln Maniac

Re: My 65 Lincoln

Post by smeeluv »

What about that vent window?? I also assume it is bagged...it that is the case, what kind of setup do you have under there? Looks good man, I love all the shavings!!
Lee
darrylqmiller
Lincoln Maniac

Post by darrylqmiller »

Wait a minute, I think I recolonize those apartments. Are you at Big Trout Lodge? If you are that make 3 of us in Liberty Lake now. If you're not then those apartments are a dead ringer for the ones in my small town.
You're inspiring me to get mine done. How'd you bag yours, looks sweet.
1LOW65

Post by 1LOW65 »

darrylqmiller wrote:Wait a minute, I think I recolonize those apartments. Are you at Big Trout Lodge? If you are that make 3 of us in Liberty Lake now. If you're not then those apartments are a dead ringer for the ones in my small town.
You're inspiring me to get mine done. How'd you bag yours, looks sweet.
Sorry man I live in pa.
Since 2 people askd how I bagged it. I built my own 4 link in the rear. Useing Qa1 high misalignment rod ends as my upper bars. And just your standard 2 1/4 bushings on the bottom bars. The front I used slam specilties a-arms and had to cut them up to lay out on a 22.Cut the spring pocket out and bagged it like you would a torsion bar vehicle. Because I wanted to use a 2600 series bag vs a 2500 series. (See pictures below)
1LOW65

Post by 1LOW65 »

smeeluv wrote:What about that vent window?? I also assume it is bagged...it that is the case, what kind of setup do you have under there? Looks good man, I love all the shavings!!
The windows are out of the car for fear of breaking them. Thanks man. I figured I wanted to be different and break away from the normal Lincoln builds you see.
1LOW65

Post by 1LOW65 »

A few more pics from along the way. There was a ton of rust holes and terrible body work done to this car. I didn't take pics of that. Because I would like to forget all of it.
drdvldog
Frequent Contributor

Post by drdvldog »

There was a lot of SHADY stuff done to these types of cars over the years....I have found some interesting stuff as well. I have to repair an entire rear quarter panel made of bondo soon.
Jay O
Occasional Visitor

Post by Jay O »

I'm loving where this is going..

Did you triangulate te 4 link in the rear? Do you have any pics of the rear setup?

It's looking good.. :D
61 Lincoln Continental_SOLD
64 Lincoln Continental_Yippee!

Return to “Customized Member Projects”