60's Lincoln Vehicle History

Details such as correct colors, plating material, inspection marks, orientation, and even the number of wipes that should occur for a vacuum-powered windshield wiper system after pushing the "wash" button.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

niveklincoln
Frequent Contributor

60's Lincoln Vehicle History

Post by niveklincoln »

Hey Guys,
I would like to know the history / owners of my 64 LCC, does anyone know the steps to getting this infomation. I know Carfax offer's history report on their website but not for older cars.
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: 60's Lincoln Vehicle History

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Start with the person you acquired the car from and see if they can tell you who they got it from and so on.
Did it come with any work history receipt's? You could use those to contact past mechanic's to see if he or she remembers the previous owner or see if they have a customer signature on them.
If you have original owner's manual or maintenance log book, look to see if it has any useful info written in it. Depending on year, VIN will have DSO code, too. Which would help in finding original state it was shipped to after mfg.
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!
niveklincoln
Frequent Contributor

Re: 60's Lincoln Vehicle History

Post by niveklincoln »

Will do...Thanks