The Lincoln MKT concept

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

lincoln_1999

Re: The Lincoln MKT concept

Post by lincoln_1999 »

danwhite wrote:
fkhill wrote:Now that is hot! What if they had extended that grill all the way across the front end and put concealed headlights that flip open. That would look like a new gadget to most young people since they have probably never seen it before. Beautiful car. When did they show that "Concept"? Is it dead? That is what they should have done to the big one. I like that squared off design. Looks like the 60's Continentals. They could do away with the Town Car. Bring back the Continental and make that design into a 4 door as well. Maybe square off that tail end a bit. It sure would look different than anything else around. That would scream Lincoln! :D
Can you imagine a Sweet looking Ride like that actually produced on the same scale as the "full sized" Town Car Built on a totally
modernized and reworked TC chassis, Given Suicide Doors (like the Rolls Phantom or Continental of Old) Add in a 32 Valve 5.4 Dual
overhead Cam V8 (which does not exist but could be derived from current 5.4L) And DON'T CHANGE THE STYLING !!! BUILD IT JUST
LIKE IT IS!! How many might be interested in such a car?? I Know I sure Would be..
I couldn't agree with you more :)
SDContinental
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by SDContinental »

Same here! that concept looks awesome. That's probably the closest design to say "Modern Classic", the MKT on the other hand, is saying Ummm...a modern classic, what's that??
61 Lincoln Continental Sedan....Sold
78 Lincoln Continental Sedan......Current
93 Lincoln Town Car......Past
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

We have to realize that Lincoln also needs to make some money building cars. The MKT is more practical than a little two seater. If you look at that concept, it is very similar to the "new" Thunderbird which was not a commercial success even though the initial reviews were wonderful.
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS
danwhite
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by danwhite »

toddallen wrote:We have to realize that Lincoln also needs to make some money building cars. The MKT is more practical than a little two seater. If you look at that concept, it is very similar to the "new" Thunderbird which was not a commercial success even though the initial reviews were wonderful.
Yes They Do, That is why both myself and the other quoted poster whom I quoted both suggested the veh be a more practical "ie" larger platform, 4 doors etc. It is onlt the styling that I think should have been used NOT a two seater...

I am well aware of the Latest T-Birds and their lack luster sales performance ( I was managing a Ford Lincoln Mercury Service / Parts Dept. at the time) If you re-read my post you will see that I suggest the car be built more on the scale of the current Town Car and contain 4 doors "suicide doors"
Daniel R. White
Savage Services / Freeport McMoran Mining Co.
2006-2007 Town Car "Designer" (As Soon As I Can Find One)
SDContinental
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by SDContinental »

Agree, hey Dan, when you were working at the Ford Lincoln dealership, how was the customers satisfaction ratings and did many people have problems with there Lincolns?, but mainly the Town Cars? Are they as reliable as they claim?

I"m sure the Lincoln dealers are hurting badly, and hoping that the company brings out a car that's worthy to call a Lincoln and be proud of it.

BTW the Imperial is going to come out I believe next year, I was told by a Chrysler rep when I was at my local Auto Show recently. It's going to be a much bigger car, from what she explained to me, and is going to be Chrysler flagship vehicle obivously. She wouldn't tell me if the car would have suicide doors :wink: but she hinted towards it.

When the Imperial comes out, it will destroy the competion, and Lincoln will be bleeding for cash, it's that typical saying, "I told you so". It will be to late for Lincoln, and even Cadillac will struggle to beat the Imperial sales figures, oh well, at least Dodge and Chrysler has the balls and passion to bring back the classic cars with a modern flare that once stood for something, kudos to them :grin: .
61 Lincoln Continental Sedan....Sold
78 Lincoln Continental Sedan......Current
93 Lincoln Town Car......Past
lincoln_1999

Post by lincoln_1999 »

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-aim ... -asia.html

How sad
So far, Ford seems to be pretty realistic about its ambitions for Lincoln. The goal is not to topple BMW or Mercedes-Benz, a Ford executive told Auto Motor und Sport. Rather, Lincoln will find its own place in the market, challenging brands like Cadillac, Acura, and Infiniti.
that Lincoln is aiming at Acura and Infiniti ????? How low is that :evil: :smt010 :smt011 :smt009 Mercury should be aimed at Acura and Infiniti .I think Lincoln should be aimed at Audi , BMW ,and Mercedes Benz .
danwhite
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by danwhite »

BigGman wrote:Agree, hey Dan, when you were working at the Ford Lincoln dealership, how was the customers satisfaction ratings and did many people have problems with there Lincolns?, but mainly the Town Cars? Are they as reliable as they claim?

I"m sure the Lincoln dealers are hurting badly, and hoping that the company brings out a car that's worthy to call a Lincoln and be proud of it.

BTW the Imperial is going to come out I believe next year, I was told by a Chrysler rep when I was at my local Auto Show recently. It's going to be a much bigger car, from what she explained to me, and is going to be Chrysler flagship vehicle obivously. She wouldn't tell me if the car would have suicide doors :wink: but she hinted towards it.

When the Imperial comes out, it will destroy the competion, and Lincoln will be bleeding for cash, it's that typical saying, "I told you so". It will be to late for Lincoln, and even Cadillac will struggle to beat the Imperial sales figures, oh well, at least Dodge and Chrysler has the balls and passion to bring back the classic cars with a modern flare that once stood for something, kudos to them :grin: .
I don't know about "ratings" per-se' But I can tell you that FOMOCO'S Rear wheel Drive offerings in the days I was involved with them WERE the most reliable platform they had. True they are somewhat Old School but if you are looking for reliable That would be my pick.
Daniel R. White
Savage Services / Freeport McMoran Mining Co.
2006-2007 Town Car "Designer" (As Soon As I Can Find One)

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”