Anyone Going To Motor Muster Next Month?

This area can be used to ask questions about upcoming events, meets, National or Regional. Those looking to organize local support for an event can utilize this area to inform, update, and modify the details of already published information. Topics over 90 days are deleted automatically.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Anyone Going To Motor Muster Next Month?

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Got the confirmation earlier this week. Will be arriving on Thursday night and leaving Monday morning. Anyone got any ideas as to how to get into the Ford Mansion?
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Anyone Going To Motor Muster Next Month?

Post by LINC400 »

I'm passing on it this year with the price doubling and perks decreasing. A lot of former participants are boycotting it this year. It has been discussed on some other forums. Too bad, it was always a great show. I will be curious to hear if there is a noticeable difference in the number of cars.

As for the Ford mansion, I believe I just went there and paid admission.
1976 Continental Mark IV Givenchy
2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary convertible
previously owned
1979 Continental Mark V Cartier
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Not knowing all the details, but it's my understanding that they are limited to like 800 cars and have filled up this year. Not 100% sure, but will see when I get there (providing I get the Lincoln back in time)...
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

They are always limited to 800 cars. But they were specific in not wanting very many of the same model so that there was a nice variety of cars. One time they told me they rejected over 300 Mustangs that year. So I am wondering if it will just be getting filled up with 300 Mustangs this year.
previously owned
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

So just found out that the Lincoln won't be ready for me to leave Wednesday for Motor Muster. :(

Will still be coming out but will drive the Tesla. Will go see the show, The Henry Ford and Greenfield Village.

Oh well, maybe next year....
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

So how was it? I heard that the number of cars was noticeably less. In fact, no one that applied was turned away, unlike previous years.
previously owned
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

I went, but without the Lincoln. Still waiting on the bumper so we took the Tesla. Yes, everyone said there were considerably less than last year; about 350 cars vs 800. Something to do with the doubling of the fee and it not being non refundable. However had a great time on the trip. Saw some neat cars that I'd never see back home, had a good time hangin' with Brian, Doug & Dan. Got a good look at the Henry Ford Museum, went to see Brian perform at the DSO then headed to the great white north to see my sister and MIke. Really nice trip; next year will be there with the Lincoln.

Oh, lots of good food out there since there is a large middle eastern population!
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

Sounds about like what heard from another forum. What a shame the idiots had to screw up what was always a very nice show with their new ideas. I'm not surprised that a lot did not want to pay the now double $50 non-refundable fee if your car is not accepted. At least with only 350 cars, no one got screwed out of their $50.

Hopefully this will make the Museum rethink these changes for next year. I would like to go back, but not with these new changes.
previously owned
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

Found this on another forum.

At least they admit they screwed up, and are taking some steps to correct it. Hopefully they will have this more straightened out by next year so that I can start going again.
Dear Car Show Participant,

This year, The Henry Ford implemented changes to our long-running, very popular, mission-driven car shows, Motor Muster and Old Car Festival. Over the years, these programs have grown significantly in terms of participation. Most recently, we’ve had as many as 900 vehicles for each event. However, that unbridled growth posed an increasing safety hazard for participants, visitors and staff, and completely overwhelmed our available parking, staff and other resources necessary to support these events. We needed to right-size these events to address these realities while preserving and strengthening the quality of the visitor and participant experience. To do so, we introduced a number of new practices and procedures that we believed would assist in those efforts.

The changes we introduced this year, unfortunately, disappointed many. While we were and remain committed to evolving our car shows to be successful within the practical constraints and concerns identified above, we could have done a much better job of communicating and explaining the need for these changes. That miscalculation on our part had a negative impact on our participants and guests, and for that, we are truly sorry.

We’ve received candid feedback from many of you, and we thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. One immediate step we are taking is to make the application fee refundable and to offer each participant up to four guest passes, at their request. We will be working in the coming days, weeks and months on next steps, and we will be corresponding with each and every one of you in the very near future.

Your support and your involvement with The Henry Ford is vital to our continued success. I hope you will continue to stand with us as we work to rebuild these events.

John Neilson

Vice President of Venues
The Henry Ford
previously owned
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

They screwed up and they paid the price. Unfortunately, so did the attendees.
elcad70
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by elcad70 »

Reminds me of the idiom "dont throw out the baby with the bath water"

Interesting that the organisers now ask for the opportunity to bath the baby again.
1970 Mark III Lincoln
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

Yes, they screwed up. But I am impressed that they are actually admitting that they screwed up, and are taking steps to correct it.
previously owned

Return to “Events & Get Togethers”