Checking out a '69 Post

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Fordum

Re: Checking out a '69 Post

Post by Fordum »

action wrote:THEN THERE ARE SELLERS

Billed as a 1969 Lincoln Continental Mark III with the rare option of suicide doors.
Oh - Ehm - Gee !!! The seller does not know the difference between a Mark and a Continental.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402947226313?h ... SwpUtguVIM

Action
I remember seeing this. Seller had it originally at 4,995.00 and recently went down to 3,995. I see the bumpers are missing, the trunk bed is exposed, it's sitting low to the ground, and a lot of the body appears rusted. It's a project given up on, but are you saying that this car has a lot more work done to it than actually stated in the description or that the description is inaccurate?
frasern wrote: Everything about that "rare" Lincoln, makes me think it is a repo. The restorer obviously knew something, but the seller is clueless. And why are so many parts not with the car? Or it's just a scam.
What parts do you expect to be with the car: the original parts that they replaced with aftermarket ones?
LithiumCobalt wrote: There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Lincoln. Parts are often not easy to find as almost every year has unique parts on it.
Agreed. Been driving and buying used (in the last 2 decades) cars and the cheapest ones ended up needing more maintenance or work done.
action
LCOC Regional Director

Post by action »

Fordum wrote:
I remember seeing this. Seller had it originally at 4,995.00 and recently went down to 3,995. I see the bumpers are missing, the trunk bed is exposed, it's sitting low to the ground, and a lot of the body appears rusted. It's a project given up on, but are you saying that this car has a lot more work done to it than actually stated in the description or that the description is inaccurate?
It is parked in front of a body shop
It has been cut, welded, lowered and painted. That is a lot of work! Then to stop and sell it! Who does that?
(And it may need two or three times that number in more labor)'
And the work looks fresh. Or at least done in the last 12 months.

If body shop labor is $75 an hour and this ride is being sold for $4000
That means there might be 53 hours of work into this ride.

Something happened. Someone got mad or stopped paying or I don't know.

Action
Phoenix - Yeah, it's hot, however it's a dry heat
2006 Lincoln Navigator Limited 5.4l 3V
1996 Lincoln Mark VIII 2DR Coupe Diamond Anniversary 4.6l DOHC, 4R70W, 3.07
1970 Continental Mark III Triple Black 460 4v, C6, 2.80 (Used for Woodward Dream Cruise or just generally stored in Michigan)
1966 Lincoln Continental 4DR Convertible 462 4v, C6, 3.00
1966 Mercury Park Lane 4DR Breezeway 410 4v, C6, 2.80
frasern
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by frasern »

$4 thousand will cover the body shops bill, and legal costs from a lien, but not the suspension work.
Someone selling their own project would likely include the parts removed for painting, and coyote engine that it was set up for. No mention in the ad about the interior mods. And why does this '69 have a '68 grille opening?
If you like the modifications, it would be worth the price, you won't do it yourself for that money.
Fraser Noble, Western Canada
'62 and '67 LCC.

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”