Heavy cars

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: Heavy cars

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Dan Szwarc wrote:Stay on topic, please. Or start an EV thread in the non-Lincoln Automotive discussion area. I’d be happy to banter there.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I forgot about the Misc. Automotive Discussion sub-forum.

I went into the War Room and it is a disgusting mess. I'm embarrassed I let it exist. I'm going to deactivate it.
I edited the post above.
Mike
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by Mike »

I don't know about registering but the forum itself works fine on phone.
Forums and websites have all died down thanks to Facebook. Guess at some point ill have to start using it but I'm slow to change.
Sorry for continuing the off topicness... Hey at least it's some action :D
1963 Continental
2007 Crown Victoria LX
and a couple Chryslers and Cadillacs
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I agree with Rick: Keep the Forum as is. If it needs a little tweaking for handy use, tweak it; but for me it's no rush. I use my computer most of the time when I have something to say on it. Besides, I admit that I'm familiar with Lincoln groups on Facebook, and half the time I refer them to this Forum when they ask their questions that were answered over a decade ago here. :think: (Yes, I am trying to be courteous.)

Now, back to topic. How 'BOUT them heavy cars, eh?! :dance: I just love the aghast expressions people give when they try to guess Frankenstein's weight, and I tell them. It's so funny how people think 4,500 lbs. is "heavy"; it's like anything above that number is beyond their comprehension. Granted, I was shocked when I first learned that the average Suicide weight was 5,300 lbs.; but that was over 30 years ago when I learned that.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
ContiFan
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by ContiFan »

Base curb weight ranges of 2021 Lincolns

Navigator L = 5,768 lbs. (4x2) to 5,995 lbs. (4x4)
Navigator = 5,645 lbs. (4x2) to 5,870 lbs. (4x4)
Aviator Grand Touring AWD = 5,673 lbs.
Aviator = 4,745 lbs. (RWD) to 4,862 lbs. (AWD)
Nautilus = 4,165 lbs. (FWD) to 4,545 lbs. (V6 AWD)
Corsair = 3,703 lbs. (FWD) to 3,843 lbs. (AWD)
stevedrums
Frequent Contributor

Post by stevedrums »

2020 continental is about 4300lb
1961 Sedan
Suicidekid63
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Suicidekid63 »

Dan Szwarc wrote:I went into the War Room and it is a disgusting mess. I'm embarrassed I let it exist. I'm going to deactivate it.
The old war room... that place was a melting pot of political BS. I joined it way back when, but never visit it anymore. Facebook has plenty of that banter to go around. I felt having it on TLF was just a bad idea, as it pitted members against each other over opinions. I like this forum cause it's friendly (mostly) and is void of opinion nastiness, except when it comes to transmission fluid types!! :lol:
Steven Wecker 1963 Lincoln Continental sedan survivor/ Ermine white w/ Pearl honey beige interior
"Moby"- The Wixom whale / aka: "Pale Rider"
ALWAYS carry a fire extinguisher!!!
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I agree...I know that I'm off topic again, but I never asked for permission to get into the war room because I can get into enough trouble right here in the regular part of the forum. This part of the forum has evolved over the years into a smaller friendlier group. It does, however have a veritable wealth of information on it that would be a shame to lose. I spent some time recently with some of my brother's very old issues of CC and was impressed with the quality of the tech tips. Most of them were written by people who had actually performed the work. Wayne

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”