Help with Stereo and Speakers ideas for 61 Continental Conv

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

fgandara

Help with Stereo and Speakers ideas for 61 Continental Conv

Post by fgandara »

Hello,

I'm new to this site. I have 1961 Lincoln Continental Convertible. I want to put a new stereo system but don't want to get rid of the original.I also want to have a good sound system but not to loud and don't know where I should put the speakers. I'm afraid to mess with the original panels or cutting hole in glove compartment. If you someone can give me some tips and provide with some pics I would appreciate it very much, I want to keep it as original as I can without having to do to much modification.

Thank you,
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Re: Help with Stereo and Speakers ideas for 61 Continental C

Post by papawayne »

Hi...welcome to the forum...lots of folk here have retrofitted fancy systems into their cars without destroying them. You might cruise through the customizing section, or you could wait for one of the ones who have already done it to chime in. I've seen good pictures over the years on this forum about how nicely it can be done. Wayne
defrang
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by defrang »

Searching the forum is the best way to start. I put some kick panel speakers in:https://www.thelincolnforum.net/phpbb3/ ... =2&t=52777
Also an aurora radio conversion of your original will give you bluetooth capability and 45 watts/channel.

Best of Luck.
Robert DeFrang
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

As for the radio, I prefer an Aurora conversion. It uses the original radio chassis, but replaces the guts with a modern circuit board and small amp. The radio functions and looks just like factory, only better and there are several modern options available, like Bluetooth, etc. I had Tayman Electrical convert mine. Speakers are kind of a crapshoot. Have to get creative and figure out where they fit and do custom mounts.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
LC67Vert
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LC67Vert »

I use a portable Bose Bluetooth speaker that I sync to my phone to play music in my Lincoln. I was considering putting in a new in-dash audio system with new speakers but I find my Bluetooth speaker is sufficient. Another benefit is it is portable and I have a couple of other old cars that I use it in as well. The sound is not nearly as good as an in-dash system with dedicated speakers but it is good enough for me and a lot less expensive.
Jeff
1967 Lincoln Continental Convertible

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”