Not a car show car show

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Not a car show car show

Post by papawayne »

Today, I will be taking the 63 to the Owls Head Transportation Museum to "display" it in their parking lot. Not really a car show, but the only thing that resembles one that I've been to all summer. No parades, no cruise-ins, no nothing. I don't think that we will be allowed into the museum, but I am told that the museum is providing coffee and donuts. As far as I know, there will be no spectators allowed, just those who show up with their cars, with a 75 car limit. It only runs from 8:30 AM to 10 AM. Wayne
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Re: Not a car show car show

Post by rick »

Was there a good turn out? Anything amazing? Hope it was fun, Wayne!
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Should have told me earlier; would have taken a drive. :grin:

Oh, wait, it was raining all day......
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Hi Rick and Stu and all, great show, was misting all day, and foggy, but a nice array of cars, including a VW Harlequin. Had never seen one before. Some porches, BMWs and the usual 70s muscle cars. Best on the field was a 35 Buick, absolutely gorgeous. Wayne
Last edited by papawayne on Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Actually, there was only one porch, it was where they served the coffee from. And, no we weren't allowed into the museum, but they did have a bathroom available. The Buick was stunning. Maybe 40 to 50 cars altogether. Foreign cars well represented, and three Lincolns, a 39 Zephyr, my 63 sedan, and a late 70s town car. Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Good stuff! I went to two shows in Salina, one yesterday and one today. The one yesterday had some really neat novelties along with the clichéd staples of any car show. There were two Lincolns there, which was two more than I expected to see: A 1950 Cosmo (which I talked about in another thread about window glass) and a '61 Continental. Unfortunately, those two did not turn up at the show that went down today, although some cars from yesterday did turn up at today's show—like an early-'70s Torino, an early-'50s Pontiac Chieftain, and a showroom-condition '56 Bel Air (I'm not into Bel Airs because they're a dime-a-dozen, but that one was particularly nice). Besides Frankenstein, there was only one other Lincoln there, a 1989 Town Car. But there were other novelties there as well, such as a Ford-powered De Tomaso, a Dodge Lil' Red Truck, a '62 Monterey in near-showroom condition, a '58 Edsel Pacer convertible, and a '57 Fairlane Skyliner (yes, the hardtop-'vert variant)...and of course, the typical show staples (Mustangs, Bel Airs, Thunderbirds, etc.). After leaving the show, I spotted a '66 Caddy Calais parked at a hardware store, so I went there and parked next to it just to measure the respective lengths, as I had read in numerous sources that Caddys of that year were noticeably longer than Lincolns. Not the case, at least with the Calais. But that car was in very nice shape; he could have competed in the show had he been there.

It was nice to go to two car shows back-to-back, a change from my usual uneventful weekends.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”