2020 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Mileage Challenge Thread (OFFICIAL)

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I think I have 50 miles on mine this year.
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

I don't dare to look, even though we took lots of short trips. It is resting comfortably with the mothballs already. Wayne
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Aw, c'mon, Wayne; if it's stashed away for the rest of year, go ahead and show it. This year is not the kind of year to grill anyone over how many or how few miles one drove. :wink:

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Yeah, I'll be hibernating the cars soon. Will check the miles then and post.
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

I put MAYBE 500 miles on my sedan, which is kind of sad.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

It was a really nice day here today, mid 70s so we took out the Lincoln & Tbird for one last ride. (Didn't take out the Packard 'cause I'm having the bumper brackets re plated). Really nice driving with top down in November!

So here's the total:

Starting miles: 157,557
Ending miles: 157,923
Total miles: 366

Estimated about 500 in the spring, and might have hit it if the weather was nicer; oh and no COVID.

Think next year will be better. Haven't ruled out driving to Palm Springs in May.......
Attachments
IMG_7308.JPG
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

I have a sneaking suspicion my driving is done till next spring so here's a photo of where I ended up mileage-wise.

On June 6th I had my first legal drive in this Lincoln and yesterday I finished up with a total of 1,016.7 miles. Wish it had been more but long stretches of the summer was spent doing additional mechanical work.

Flipped the lights on to help light up the dash due to darkness and thus the high beam indicator on. Rick
Attachments
End of '20 Mileage thread .JPG
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Sorry, folks, with a crisis involving a blown-out bypass hose, I forgot to check in at the end of the year as I intended to. Here is my close-out, and the close-out for the 2020 mileage challenge.

I started with 69,664.1 reading on the odometer. Here is the current odo reading, taken today: 81,460.8...but to be fair, considering I had to do some local driving yesterday and today, subtract 20 miles from that reading (which I'll add on at the end of 2021's mileage challenge, which is yet to be posted). So, make my reading 81,440.8 miles. That gives me a total of 11,776.7 miles driven in 2020.

Here's hoping 2021 will be a better year for all of us, and all of our cars.

---Tony
Attachments
Odo Reading, 2 January 2021 (showing an additional allotted 20 miles driven in '21)
Odo Reading, 2 January 2021 (showing an additional allotted 20 miles driven in '21)
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”