100th Anniversary of Lincoln Founding Show

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

100th Anniversary of Lincoln Founding Show

Post by Dan Szwarc »

If you need an excuse for a vacation, come to Michigan the weekend of August 12-13 to the Gilmore Museum in Kamalazoo, Michigan, for the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Lincoln Motor Car Company.

We've got over 150 cars coming. It's too late to register to show your car, but you can still register to attend or just show up at the Gilmore as a normal guest, see the cars and the rest of the museum for the price of museum admission.

Details of the entire thing are here: http://lincolncarmuseum.org/2017-homecoming

I'll be there in one form or another. My 66 will not likely be on the field as exhibition or otherwise.

I will be attending the Friday dinner with the group so look for me there. I attend a lot of these and seldom actually meet people, probably because I'm a terrible guest and always on the move.
I'll be at the Gilmore Saturday and Sunday.

If you send me a PM with your phone number, I'll PM you mine or you can look me up in the LCOC directory and get my number there. I tend to send unknown callers to voice mail, so if you don't leave a message, I won't return your call.
I'm staying at the Four Points Sheraton, near I-94, the primary host hotel.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Re: 100th Anniversary of Lincoln Founding Show

Post by linc64 »

Additionally, Bob Johnson told me that there will be a special place for non-registered cars by the show field.

See you at the show Dan.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

I'll be there and looking forward to seeing everyone!!
:grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm getting in on Thursday night, leading a caravan from the Windy City.
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

I went to register today and noticed the registration packet said absolutely no registrations after July 15th would be accepted. Suppose I can just pay at the gate since I am not doing anything special or showing a car.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

LithiumCobalt wrote:I went to register today and noticed the registration packet said absolutely no registrations after July 15th would be accepted. Suppose I can just pay at the gate since I am not doing anything special or showing a car.
Call Bob Johnson. They won't accept cars after the cut off, but I think you can still register to attend, especially if you are not paying for any meals. But then, why register?

You can always show up at the museum as a public spectator and see the cars and meet the people.

Bob told me that I can pay the $20 an put my car on the field for exhibition. I have to decide if it is worth it.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Leaving Wednesday morning and driving part way. Thursday we'll hit the Hudson Museum in Indiana and hopefully the Cord Auburn Duesenberg museum too. Will arrive in Kalamazoo Thursday night. Won't be going to any of the dinners, just the auction.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Safe travels!
LINC400
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by LINC400 »

I am registered. The car just has to make it there, which is iffy at this point.
1976 Continental Mark IV Givenchy
2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary convertible
previously owned
1979 Continental Mark V Cartier
John Mc
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by John Mc »

Why did Saturday have to end?

What a great time, beautiful weather, great cars and people.
Yes, there were issues, I know BUT - let's enjoy the event, congratulations to all who worked so hard to pull this event off, like Bob Johnson, Dennis Garrett, Dan Stahle and so many others.

Hope everyone go home safely.
Attachments
IMG_2041.JPG
IMG_2038.JPG
IMG_2036.JPG
John Mc - Lake Shore Region Director
‘48 Continental Cabriolet
‘77 Town Coupe Black Diamond
‘77 Town Coupe Glass Top
'06 Mark LT
‘14 MKZ
'15 Lincoln MKC
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I was there and had a good time. My car survived the 300+ mile round trip easily.

I have lots of pictures to process and put in the Michigan LCOC newsletter. I'll eventually post them online.

Moving this thread out of EVENTS so it does not get deleted.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Ditto on the kudos to those who put this together. It had to be a clusterf**k dealing with 3 clubs but we had a great time. Not sure what was the best part; being able to see all those early Lincolns or hanging out with the people. Hope everyone got/gets home safely; will be home sometime tomorrow.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

John Mc wrote:What a great time, beautiful weather, great cars and people.
Yes, there were issues, I know BUT - let's enjoy the event, congratulations to all who worked so hard to pull this event off, like Bob Johnson, Dennis Garrett, Dan Stahle and so many others.
Ditto! It was great seeing everyone. Sorry I didn't see Dan though.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

I probably met about three or four people. I missed a lot of people and was kind of disappointed but then again, I didn't go to all the dinners etc. I spent most of Saturday judging cars. I guess that's what happens when you don't arrange a meeting time or location with a particular group. Random chance just isn't good enough. I didn't even have any time to spend with John McCarthy.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Damm. Missed it.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
JonW
Lincoln Maniac

Post by JonW »

Yeah, there were issues. But we still had a great time, and this is still the greatest car club there is. The weather was outstanding, the Gilmore was a great show field. Debbie wants to sell her Avanti and buy a Mark VIi. I was considering selling the '79, since I'm out of room, but I enjoyed driving it so much that I'm keeping it.
1962 Continental resto-mod
Yeah, it's got a Hemi
1979 Mark V 1 of 1
Triple Turquoise
1979 Mark V Bill Blass Edition
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Just got back from the show last night...had a great time, even though we couldn't bring the 63...our old 03 TC did just fine logging over 2,300 miles from St George to St George...spent a couple three days poking around Holland MI, Toronto, and Niagara Falls after the show...had never seen it from the Canadian side...quite spectacular...Wayne

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”