I Want It!

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

I Want It!

Post by Steve K »

OK I am in love with this car. What are your predictions for what it will go for? I have a couple bids in.....but am not high bidder (yet).... 8) Little is said about the drive train. Waiting for some info on that. Wish I had more confidence in cars that I have not seen BEFORE they are restored. Is that the original horn placement on 63's?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-lin ... f386#v4-41
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: I Want It!

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Looks good, but goofy with the top down and all the windows up. Don't think I've ever seen pictures like that. It's probably worth about $25,000.
linc64
TLFer for Life

Post by linc64 »

Nice looking car at first glance, but '65 bucket seats? Top seems to have trouble going down, and automatic rear window drop not functioning. Woodgrain steering wheel with metal door inserts not correct. Wonder what else that was not done correctly that we can't see.

Check out the pictures of Stu's car in his signature link to see how an engine compartment should be done.
Last edited by linc64 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Ayres
Western Region Director
Photobucket link blocked by PB
Join the LCOC
Join the Lincoln Motorcar Foundation
Joe Nemec
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Joe Nemec »

The car is very good looking, however, I would ask the seller to see pictures of ALL the windows down.
'76 Mark IV
Previously owned:
'70 Continental coupe
'71 Mark III
'73 Mark IV
Steve K
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Steve K »

Joe Nemec wrote:The car is very good looking, however, I would ask the seller to see pictures of ALL the windows down.
Yeah and I didn't notice the seats were incorrect either. Could the windows be raised after the top was down? I know they should have dropped part way down before the top mechanism began lowering the top. What else have ya'll seen?
2018 Lincoln Continental
1964 Lincoln Continental Sedan
1948 Mercury Town Sedan,
1959 Mercury Montclair
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by Ken Stevens »

The auto rear windows do not operate for the top, only the rear doors. When the rear doors are opened the windows drop and cannot be raised fully by the switch(es). Note the shot with the doors opened. The driver side rear window obviously did not automatically drop, while the passenger side did.

The horns are correct but the upholstery and seats not so much. But I like them a lot. I'd swap mine for the buckets any day! One question I have is why the steering wheel and column are not Black. The dash appears black, so the different steering wheel color looks out of place. Regardless, this looks like a nice car.
Ken Stevens
61 LC Convertible
toddallen
TLFer for Life

Post by toddallen »

Great color, the person that tried to install the trunk weather-stripping must have been drunk. Missing in most places, and weather-stripping in the wrong places. It think it is a bit odd that they installed the seats but left off the console.
1963 Linc Convertible
1963 Linc Vert parts car
1968 Mustang FB
2009 Cadillac CTS
lincolnfanatic4life
No Longer With Us

Post by lincolnfanatic4life »

40K$$
1968 Lincoln continental
full chrome delete
all black on 20"s
briven95
Dedicated Enthusiast

Post by briven95 »

Nice paint job, but lots of issues- I'd wait for a car that was done correctly. If you wanted a car that's done right, check out the yellow 66 convertible for sale on the Lincoln Land site- owned by LCOC chief judge John Talbourdet
LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by LithiumCobalt »

briven95 wrote:Nice paint job, but lots of issues- I'd wait for a car that was done correctly. If you wanted a car that's done right, check out the yellow 66 convertible for sale on the Lincoln Land site- owned by LCOC chief judge John Talbourdet
That '66 is sweet. Reasonable price for what it is, in my opinion.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

Ditto on the seats....

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”