The next road trip

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

The next road trip

Post by Stuart M. Cohen »

So we leave Tuesday for our next "short" trip; only 13 days. Heading up to Syracuse, NY to see friends, then over to Batawa, ON to see Mike & Sharon, over to Cambridge, ON to see friends, then up to the Kitchener/Waterloo, ON area to see my sister, friends, and attend the "Crusing on King" car show. Will try to hit the falls, and then up to Barrie, ON to see friends, over to Sault Ste. Marie, ON to see friends, down to Mackinaw City (spend the day on the island again), then over to Dearborn for the Ford Product Development Show.

Looking forward to a nice 2,100 mile trip. Probably won't be a lot of picture on this trip. If anyone is gonna be in Kitchener for the show, reach out to me.
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: The next road trip

Heading out this morning for Syracuse.

Starting miles - 68,409.
Attachments
Start.jpeg
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Happy highwaying, Stu. Be careful, and keep in touch if more problems pop up (hopefully not). I'm looking to start my own second trip in a week or so.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
George W
Lincoln Maniac

Post by George W »

Have fun, wishing you safe and trouble free travels. Making the trip with the newly rebuilt carb I take it. Hope to see you and many others next month in Hickory Corners. The 65 is almost ready for the trip, just a few more things to attend to.
1965 Sedan, white w/ black vinyl top and red leather. 28k miles
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Yeah, looking forward to seeing you too, George.

Made it to Syracuse yesterday with no problems. Amazing how well the car runs with a properly working carb! :shock:

Had dinner with friends and headed to the great white north. No issues crossing the border, made it to Batawa to have lunch with Mike & Sharon, then over to Cambridge for dinner with friends.

Off to Waterloo tomorrow for the weekend to see my sister, friends and the car show.

Robin did let me take one picture.....
Attachments
Welcome to Canada
Welcome to Canada
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Dang it, Stu. I've been away from the Forum for a little while and just saw your posts this evening. If I'd seen them earlier, I would have motored over to Batawa to meet you two in person. I'm not far from there. A photo of our two cars together would have been so cool.

Drive safely and enjoy Waterloo. I went to University there in what seems now......like about a century ago, where I mostly drank beer for three years.

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Safe travels, Stu...Wayne
Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Rick,

Not sure where you are, but we'll be at Crusing on King Friday night in Kitchener. If you are close enough, swing by.
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

Stu, I live 30 miles north of the bridge where you entered Canada, But I would have been happy to drive down to Batawa from here (maybe 90 miles one way). Good old King Street, runs the length of both Waterloo and Kitchener. Have a great visit and cruise.

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Looks like I have to delay my second road trip yet again. :smt011 The car is fine, but I'm not. I saw how quickly my funds depleted just with the first week of this month, so I need to be as miserly as I can be. Plus, I haven't felt well for the last few days. I'm not quite sure what it is...but the symptoms are similar to what I had before the heart-attack. If that doesn't clear up over the weekend, I may have to seek help.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
papawayne
Addicted to Lincolns

Post by papawayne »

Rest, Tony, rest! And see your doctor. I don't know how old you are, but however old you are, you are too old to take chances. Wayne
rick
Lincoln Maniac

Post by rick »

I agree with Wayne. Dropping by your health provider to have them do a quick check is what you'd probably do for Frankenstein - so maybe do it for Tony as well.

Rick
1961 Lincoln sedan
2011 Lincoln Navigator
2015 Lincoln Navigator
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

Thanks, guys. Sorry to raise flags about that. I don't intend to stretch this out like I did last time; I'll check with my semi-local MD come Monday if this doesn't fade in the next three days. Right now it feels like it's fading, but I'm keeping vigil on it.

I'm just one day younger than Frankenstein.

---Tony
"Question Authority!"

Stuart M. Cohen
Lincoln-ally Insane

Tony,

You're too young for health issues so get it taken care of. Frankenstein can be replaced, you can't.

Haven't posted for a few days because we didn't have internet due to the Rodger's outage. For those of you who didn't hear, 9 million Canadians were out of cell, TV & internet for almost 3 days due to a system outage.

Anyway, having a good time on the trip catching up with friends throughout Canada. Had a good time at the cruise in Kitchener. They had about 80 cars (as per the registration person). As I'm pulling into the parking lot, lo and behold, there sits a 62 sedan! Spoke with Pat and we parked next to each other at the cruise. Lots of people who apparently had never seen a slabside, none the less two of them.

Spent time in the area visiting my sister and friends, then headed down to the falls, and then off to see friends in Sudbury. Heading over to the Sault tomorrow to see more friends.
Attachments
Two slabsides at the show
Two slabsides at the show
Flying Sauces, Niagara Falls
Flying Sauces, Niagara Falls
Canadian Falls
Canadian Falls
American Falls
American Falls
George W
Lincoln Maniac

Post by George W »

All those trips and all those miles and yet that Lincoln is always sparkling clean ! Amazing.
1965 Sedan, white w/ black vinyl top and red leather. 28k miles

Return to “Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion”