1994 Town Car Computer Connector

If it is Lincoln-related and doesn't seem to fall in the other categories or you just can't figure out where to put it, put it here!

Moderators: Dan Szwarc, Continental69

1994 Town Car Computer Connector

Postby autonut » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 pm

First of all I have a BDI tester. Have never used it. It is almost new and hope it works. I would like to plug it into my '94 and see if it could tell me anything. First of all I have some warning lights. Some are intermittent and not sure what that indicates. One steady warning light I get is the "AIR BAG" warning. I would like to plug it into the BDI connector input to see what I get. But I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where it is? Also the manual states that some cars in 1994 had the BDII system. How could I tell which one it has?? This is all very confusing to me and perhaps others also. But hopefully there are some wise Lincoln owners out there.
Also I was wondering is there were two BDI computer inputs, one for the engine and one for the body, such as brakes etc since the manual mentions something on that but says little or none about using the tester to pinpoint problems.
Sure hope someone reads my message and will respond and enlighten me. Thanks So Much/Lee Noga
autonut
Occasional Visitor

Re: 1994 Town Car Computer Connector

Postby Dan Szwarc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:02 pm

Lee, Check your PMs for something I only give to special friends.

Also, according to the intarwebs, the connector is in the engine compartment.

1994 OBD1 under the hood in engine compartment.

This video may help you locate it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQa2XMNE4U

It's C198, aka the Data Link Connector.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 8.11.46 PM.png
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous Lincoln-related Discussion