Parting out a `61 Conv.

Temporarily locked due to spammers. Will investigate.

Ask here if you are looking for a facility to perform labor on your Lincoln. You should also post your recommended suppliers or servicers here for others to find. Want to name a vendor you had a bad experience with? Post your comments here, but please stick to the facts. Ask or post for Part Numbers and Cross References in the sub-forum specifically for that here.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

hhmetal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by hhmetal »

A fellow Michigan LCOC member gave me a heads-up on a 61 conv that is too far gone for restoration. It's been sitting outside for awhile so much of the soft stuff (leather, canvas, dash, etc.) is shot. The engine bay appears to be complete as is the trunk well. Havnt yet checked for switches/relays/etc under dash, beneath and behind seats. Trim is complete and in pretty good shape, some excellent. Anyway, I'm hoping to get it right, and I only need a few items (clips, brackets, lines, some fasteners, and such). Anybody have needs they want me to check out, take pics, etc? I'm not looking to get rich selling parts; I'ld just hate to see this baby go to waste, unfulfilled when she could live on proud as a valued donor. I dont have her yet, but drop me a "list" so I can make a decision on how useful she could be. Thanks, Brian.
Klinkon

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by Klinkon »

hello, i REALLY need the rear tail lights, (the plastic covers) one got smashed the other day and the other was hit with a rock, and if possible the whole ignition switch, keys and all, thats all i need, if its not too much trouble, but it would be very much appreciated, i think the 61 lincoln lights are the same as the 1964s
vestal

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by vestal »

How are the chrome caps on the post between the doors? (cap that tops the post that the doors close into). I need a pair. I also need a electric window motor.

Many Thanks,
Vestal
<Glenn Bubenheimer>

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by <Glenn Bubenheimer> »

Hi, I need an engine for my stuck '58 if it is any good at all, please let me know if you get a chance! Thanks very much, Glenn
gbuben@peoplepc.com 734-641-5212W, 734-421-5574Home
63lcrab
Occasional Visitor

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by 63lcrab »

I need two electric rear window motors. If possiable could you check to see if they work? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
hhmetal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by hhmetal »

Sorry, vestal, the chrome door post caps were shot and not kept [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

We have three working window motors for sure. Vestal, 63lcrab, Either Ken or I will send you details in an email. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry, Glenn, the motor was not salvaged complete. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
tmonroe

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by tmonroe »

Hey,

I need the convertable top control switch and mounting bracket. Mine was removed by someone the previous owner, and subsequently lost.

I really don't care what kind of shape its in...
Ken Stevens
Addicted to Lincolns

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by Ken Stevens »

Tom:
Missing Linc and I were the ones that gutted that 61 convertible. The top control switch and bracket were gone. Sorry it took so long to reply, but I checked with another guy I know that's parting out a '61 but it turns out it's a sedan.

We did manage to save some electrical, some engine parts, front bumper/grill and all the window glass.

I'm going through the switches, cleaning and testing them etc. and he's cleaning up the engine parts. When we're done we'll post them on the "For Sale" section of the forum rather than immediately go through the ebay hassle.

Stay tuned.
hhmetal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by hhmetal »

Lance, I have both heads. I believe left and right side heads are the same and interchangable. Valve and spring assemblies are still attached. Each weights about 55 pounds. You need one?
lanceh99

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by lanceh99 »

Do you have a drivers side cylinder head?
Imcgm
Occasional Visitor

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by Imcgm »

Missing Linc-
I could really use the tail lights, rear bumper ends, windshield, hoodorniment, and other misc. things. let me know what you have and where you are located.

thanks
Mike
hhmetal
Dedicated Enthusiast

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by hhmetal »

Ken and I have posted in the WANTED/FOR SALE (I think that's what it's called) section of this bulletin board a full list of available items from this old 61. That posting essentially completes this string. Please check it out... there are some usable items there.

PS: Mike, I responded to you via email.
Marlin Moore

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by Marlin Moore »

I would like to buy your hubcaps are they available and what form of payment? thanks Marlin
61 Convertible

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by 61 Convertible »

Let me know if the interior trim panel from the center post on the drivers side is available and how much $$. Also could use all four rubber door sill plates as mine have rusted beyond use. Thanks for your help. Dan
TOM WALKER

Parting out a `61 Conv.

Post by TOM WALKER »

How are you fixed for the trim at the back of the trunk lid,the trim that I have is for a sedan, and has the key hole in it. I need the one for a conv. without the key hole. needs to be in good shape. thanks
Tom Walker
sunman60@cs.com

Return to “Suppliers, Vendors, Feedback, & Part Cross Reference”