NO MORE Free Shipping on Fuel Pump Rebuilds @ Then & Now

Temporarily locked due to spammers. Will investigate.

Ask here if you are looking for a facility to perform labor on your Lincoln. You should also post your recommended suppliers or servicers here for others to find. Want to name a vendor you had a bad experience with? Post your comments here, but please stick to the facts. Ask or post for Part Numbers and Cross References in the sub-forum specifically for that here.

Moderator: Dan Szwarc

LithiumCobalt
Lincoln-ally Insane

Re: Free Shipping on Fuel Pump Rebuilds @ Then & Now

Post by LithiumCobalt »

I find the $350 price to be a little ridiculous considering Mike can rebuild them to new for less than $100. Suppose the problem here is supply of cores. If you don't have one already, you will have to pay.
Nick
Current: 1971 Mark III, 2012 MKZ AWD, 2016 F-150 Platinum
WANTED: 1969 Continental sedan, 77 Continental Town Car w/opera window delete, 76 Fleetwood Brougham
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Mike, if you are still out there, is this offer still valid?

If not, what are the latest terms?
gord1967

Post by gord1967 »

I talked to Mike Casella today, NOV 30, 2020, about rebuilding a fuel pump. He reminded me that as a member here there is free return shipping.
I had seen his name many times as the go to guy for these pumps. He was great to talk to. He answered all of my questions and was very friendly. I will be sending my pump shortly. I feel that it will be in very good hands and the price is very reasonable.
Mike-Casella
Lincoln Maniac

Post by Mike-Casella »

Dan, everything is still good. We are surviving. Our front door is locked but all it takes is a tap on the door and someone will respond, it's the owner is keeping all of us safe. We weren't considered "essential" so we had to close to the public. The month that I wasn't able to be in the shop didn't stop our customers from sending in their items to be rebuilt, and the workload was tremendous when I did get back in there. What was normally a one day turnaround for fuel pumps, turned into a 2 week deal. Now that the restrictions have been lifted a bit, I'm all caught up on fuel pumps, but mounts and other items are still a bit backed up.

I will be retiring next July, and switching to a 2 day work week, so things may slow down a bit when that happens. And before you ask, no, I haven't found a person to take my place...... yet.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

Mike-Casella wrote:I will be retiring next July, and switching to a 2 day work week, so things may slow down a bit when that happens. And before you ask, no, I haven't found a person to take my place...... yet.
Oh, noes! You need an apprentice to pass your knowledge on.

And... congrats on making it this far!
Mike-Casella
Lincoln Maniac

Post by Mike-Casella »

Until that happens, I'll keep uploading my videos to Youtube to help those that want to tackle this stuff at home.
Mike-Casella
Lincoln Maniac

Post by Mike-Casella »

gord1967 wrote:I talked to Mike Casella today, NOV 30, 2020, about rebuilding a fuel pump. He reminded me that as a member here there is free return shipping.
I had seen his name many times as the go to guy for these pumps. He was great to talk to. He answered all of my questions and was very friendly. I will be sending my pump shortly. I feel that it will be in very good hands and the price is very reasonable.

Your pump landed safe and sound a few minutes ago. It'll be ready to come home in a couple of hours.
gord1967

Post by gord1967 »

Great service. After being received at Then & Now, Mike had it rebuilt and ready to send back in only a few hours. It was only about a week from my door and then back to my door. The pump looks great and I feel confident it was done right. Great pricing too!
I am giving them a five star rating!
I wish there were more companies that operated like this.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Post by Dan Szwarc »

It’s also essentially guaranteed forever. But Mike is retiring soon, so he needs to train an apprentice.
TonyC
TLFer for Life

Post by TonyC »

I would have been willing to volunteer as that apprentice; I have had experience charting the innards of these pumps, and I tend to catch on quickly with new experiences (i.e., recreating motor mounts). And, it would be nice to have a job to supplement my Army pension. Problem, however, would be geographics; I'd have to commit to a move.

---Tony
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, just because there is a picture with a quote next to it." (Abraham Lincoln, 1866)
"Question Authority!"

1966 Continental Sedan, affectionately known as "Frankenstein" until body restoration is done (to be renamed "General Sherman" on that event)
Mike-Casella
Lincoln Maniac

Post by Mike-Casella »

I bet the commute would be a kicker too. In order for someone to do this, it would have to be here. I have a pretty good how-to on these three port pumps on our YouTube channel. In fact there are over 50 different pumps that I've done videos on showing step-by-step how one of those goes from yukie to wow.
Dan Szwarc
Site Admin

Re: NO MORE Free Shipping on Fuel Pump Rebuilds @ Then & Now

Post by Dan Szwarc »

THIS OFFER HAS EXPIRED as of May 21, 2021.

Return to “Suppliers, Vendors, Feedback, & Part Cross Reference”